OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you in a 4WD club?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

38 42.70%
  • NO

51 57.30%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you in a 4WD Club

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You may have taken it the wrong way, don't think your taking it the way I have meant it. Joining a club allows access to most closed tracks yo have a say in the 4x4 scene. I 'm not saying you or any ony else are fools or stupid. ,Could have worded it better in hindsight my apologises for that, have you done any 4x4 course? be it recovery ,advanced courses whatever,
    Last edited by threedogs; 10th November 2012 at 02:31 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't done any 4x4 courses at all and I am sure I could learn lots from clubs as I am more an amateur than experienced off road driver. But to be told I'm a fool for not being in a club would make me stay away even more. A different approach could have worked a lot better. no offence taken mate.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah my bad on choice of words. but I have seen ppl come to my club thinking they know it all and end up Glancing a tree from going too fast ,wrong line and NOT listening. But enough said, My bad again will choose words better next time. It's to me like the guys who drive with fishing rod holders on bullbars. HOW are we to get a good name????
    Hope you sort of get my point.I have thousands of stories from mistakes. 100% agree some clubs are full of very weird people, mine included but all in all a great club, you just need to pick your trip

5. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (10th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    I haven't done any 4x4 courses at all and I am sure I could learn lots from clubs as I am more an amateur than experienced off road driver. But to be told I'm a fool for not being in a club would make me stay away even more. A different approach could have worked a lot better. no offence taken mate.
    No sh1t!! HAHAHAHAHAHAa
    Point n steer same here
    Throttle down, hold on tight, hope for the best, expect the worse and take what comes hahahahahahahaha

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (10th November 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not actually promoting safe driving techniques. but each to here own, different strokes. seems forum is only for helping fix 4x4 not driver ed

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Not actually promoting safe driving techniques. but each to here own, different strokes. seems forum is only for helping fix 4x4 not driver ed
    driver ed comes at meet ups always willing to help a beginner mate
    that goes for every one that comes along and this is after all a forum
    for nissan patrol .com.au

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clubs are a great way to encourage good habits and attitudes re environmental and 4wd practices.

I don't think any club I have been to hasn't had politics and strong personalities that come out once you join, or attend longer than three events. Sometimes this is a deal breaker. Other times there are people that aren't affected by politics, and you can use them to be a bit sheltered from it.

Tipsy-tap

11. The Following User Says Thank You to P4trol For This Useful Post:

threedogs (10th November 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I also found some clubs are to an extent a boys clubs, but each to there own I 've heard Runners is a ripper, family days ,hard core , easy beginner days and touring.
    plus teaching how to do this safely not jusy plant the foot and steer. thats my 2c worth bye

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No club for me. Got a great group of mates that own fourbys. Theres always someone keen on a drive. We just get together and go... no planing, no need to plan the trip to keep everyone happy, no meetings, no membership. Even get a heap of the guys up home to my tracks regularily.
    I have attended a 4wd comp, run by one of the local clubs and it was great fun

And NO it doesnt mean i dont know anything about 4wding threedogs. Or that im stupid! lol (no offence taken though mate)

Its not as hard to get access to places here so dont really need a club for that.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mainly trying to say there should be a National standard Aust wide, not Some cowboy that comes along can do a few donuts to impress his mates then take off up a hill flat stick.'
    to me thats not 4x4ing and his mates will follow him thinking thats the norm. thats my point. get taught from someone accredited. with that knowledge you can pass on correct information
    then the info you pass on is safe not this cowboy style crap that'll get all track's closed from stupid driving techniques or someone seriously injured.. very rarely hear any tread lightly except from Simon on 4WDtv, time will tell tracks are closing all the time because of fools and idiots. if you see them report them. or you'll only be showing your grand kids photos . NOT callling anyone. here a fool or idiot
    But for the sake of your wife and kids do a 4x4 driving course, make sure your wife knows hows to drive as well, hill stall starts the lot .even your eldest even if he has not licence this is an emergency. How you going to get home if something provents you from driving home,need someone who know how to do if properly and safely be it the Simmo or High country.. And help stamp out these cowboys.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (10th November 2012)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast