OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you in a 4WD club?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

38 42.70%
  • NO

51 57.30%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you in a 4WD Club

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    10 Year member of the Geelong 4wd Club. Been on the Committee for 6 years. I am currently the Public Relations Officer / Regional Rep and sit on the Regional Committee with other local clubs, the DSE and Parks Vic to help manage a cooperative partnership in the Otways Forrest Park and National Park network.

I joined a club after going out with the father-in-law and getting in some difficulties and realised i knew Nothing! My wife bought me a family membership for christmas. Never looked back.

What a great place to bring up a family. G4WDC has over 120 members and is a strong club. Santa will give presents to more than 70 kids this year.

I have learned everything i know driving with guys in my club, building and fixing cars together. Its been a very big and expensive 10 year journey!!! Would not take a minute back
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,713 Times in 8,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great replies from all sides but please make sure you press the YES or NO's above...LMAO

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Great replies from all sides but please make sure you press the YES or NO's above...LMAO
    Gotta get tapatalk to link the polls somehow.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Western Patrol Clubber here.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a no from me, only because I haven't had time in the past but that's changing.
    Drive is 04 DX wagon, 165Ks, Dual Batts, 12000kg Warn in steel bar, Snorkel, Xray 220 Hid Spots, Cruise, digital EGT, Draws in back with power box, 40Ltr Waeco for the essentuals

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No vote i prefer to wheel with mates or my sons i dont need 40 channels rules driver certs and politics in my life .In defence of clubs yes there are great people involved ,bulk buying discounts ,knowlege and know how ,access to areas un available to the public but the bottom line is i choose who goes with me or who i go with sorry .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes for me, I'm in the Braddon 4WD Club its in the NW of Tassie though a lot of the trips I go on are organized threw the local boys on facebook.
    2009 ST Wagon

My very much missed Shorty
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...rolatron/page7

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined the Landrover & off road Inthusiasts club about 25 years ago - It's since changed it's name to the "4x4 club of Zimbabwe" We have both a web site & a site on facebook. Google it and feel free to take a look, our editor is fantastic many interesting articles there & you'll get a feel of what we get up to in Zim. Several of our members are binning their landrover boneshakers & opting for the coil sprung Nissans & range rovers - Gentler on the occupants chassis.
    rgds IC
    Last edited by Ian Carruthers; 10th November 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: spelling as usual

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To the ones who havn't joined as its too political and too much BS , look around a bit more. some clubs are just about 4x4ing.
    Clubs are responsible for anyone on their trips in case of an accident insurance etc. they too have a code of conduct like here.. good discounts are available to club members as well
    to be honest you'd be a fool not to join thinking you know it all. As all you're doing is passing your bad habits onto the next person you take. AND that is an accident waiting to happen.
    See it with Newbies at clubs all the time. Bad habits are hard to break but easy to pass onto someone who is new to all this. dont injure or kill someone because of yoyr stupidity.
    Atleast do some type of driver awareness or recovery course.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

The BigFella (11th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    To the ones who havn't joined as its too political and too much BS , look around a bit more. some clubs are just about 4x4ing.
    Clubs are responsible for anyone on their trips in case of an accident insurance etc. they too have a code of conduct like here.. good discounts are available to club members as well
    to be honest you'd be a fool not to join thinking you know it all. As all you're doing is passing your bad habits onto the next person you take. AND that is an accident waiting to happen.
    See it with Newbies at clubs all the time. Bad habits are hard to break but easy to pass onto someone who is new to all this. dont injure or kill someone because of yoyr stupidity.
    Atleast do some type of driver awareness or recovery course.
    Sorry 3D but comments like yours would be one reason for me not to join a club. Being called a fool and stupid is a good reason many wont join types like yourself!

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

taslucas (10th November 2012)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast