OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you in a 4WD club?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

38 42.70%
  • NO

51 57.30%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you in a 4WD Club

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I am not part of any 4wd club, just a society.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope,seen a lot of things go pear shaped in clubs - "crews" are easier

Hek, you would be wheeling with "Troopie"?
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes from me.. Just joined, but been invoked for the last 3 years doing the occasional trip..
    I find it a great way to get out and enjoy Australia. And out small town club is great. Met some brilliant people..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Yes and proud of it ...
    Same. Southern Tablelands 4WD club 4 me. voted.
    GU1 Auto ST4500 lpg/petrol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used to be, found my self in the wrong club so gave it up.
    Ended up more successful for me with a club style group based on the forums.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 718 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a member of the same club 20 years. Have enjoyed every moment, and yes there are good time and bad and the politics do cause a few head aces. I joined so I would be able to go to places that other members had access to IE private properties and to a lot of places I would not find on my own. As a lot of our members are past the 40 mark there is an extensive amount of knowedge to be had not only about 4WDing but life its self. We have a wide variety of trips ranging from a night out to 2 to 3 months at a time. We also have guest speakers such as police road accident unit police underwater unit the RAA, RFDS, VKS radio, ST Johns, and numerous trade and tour people. Clubs are not everybody's cup of tea but remember with out clubs you would be a lot more restriced in your actives as when clubs join together they can form a large lobby group to help our past time

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Pressed No but in the process of joining, need to find my capabilities and some training. I know the Patrol is way beyond my capabilities at the moment - but that will change.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another member of the Western Patrol Club......... and yes ET is just as chatty there!!!!!!!! Lol

Top folk, with some great knowledge..... that's why I joined, so I could learn not to do silly things when out and about.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    Been a member of the same club 20 years. Have enjoyed every moment, and yes there are good time and bad and the politics do cause a few head aces. I joined so I would be able to go to places that other members had access to IE private properties and to a lot of places I would not find on my own. As a lot of our members are past the 40 mark there is an extensive amount of knowedge to be had not only about 4WDing but life its self. We have a wide variety of trips ranging from a night out to 2 to 3 months at a time. We also have guest speakers such as police road accident unit police underwater unit the RAA, RFDS, VKS radio, ST Johns, and numerous trade and tour people. Clubs are not everybody's cup of tea but remember with out clubs you would be a lot more restriced in your actives as when clubs join together they can form a large lobby group to help our past time
    Well said Pearcey. After 15 years in a 4WD Club I feel exactly the same as you do. Sounds like our clubs operate on similar lines. Those of you that have had bad experiences with clubs - there are a lot of clubs out there. Look around for one that suits. If it wasn't for clubs and their affiliated state and Australia wide organisations, I'm sure OUR 4 wheel driving would be a lot more restricted. They constantly talk to state and federal pollies and other concerned organisation (such as parks in whatever state) and put forward our case. Strength in numbers and good, organised representation count for something.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Hek at River City. Pretty casual bunch of people and easy to get along with. Small club, always on the lookout for new members. You can try before you buy. Meetings 2nd Wednesday of each month at 4WD Qld Hall, Murial Ave, Moorooka from 7.30pm.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast