Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all parts size b

base x2 (RAM-B-202)
    long double clamp (RAM-B-201-C)
    ipad holder (RAM-HOL-TAB3U) can hold ipads with rubber cases and even flip cover cases

i think all up it was like $80 the ball is discreet where it is mounted so when not in use its not visible
    and the pad isnt obstructing my view.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (22nd May 2013), skiman (24th May 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ram mounts ++++++++
    Black Irish with an English twist / Gypsy / Tattoo's and loaded full of Grumpiness.. I blog my paintings and other random bits on Billy Bleed

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mega I like that ALOT!!

Did you take the box out to bolt an nut it in or are they just self tapping screws into the plastic??

That's great! I was going to use Velcro into the pen ledge and a dot behind onto the days to old the iPad in position in that slot but I like what you have done! You have no trouble changing gears and stuff?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Mega I like that ALOT!!
    Yes I like it a lot too. Despite the Patrol being a large vehicle, space inside the front cab is pretty limited & difficult to find a spot for the ipad that doesn't get in the way or lend itself to a 'cluttered' feel.
    Unfortunately for me the dash in my DX is different, I don't have that space between the two air vents, instead the two air vents take up the entire width.

What model Patrol is yours Mega? Maybe I could find one at a wreckers & do a switcheroo?

In the meantime my wife continues to hold the ipad which is mostly a better solution than many on the market.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Yes I like it a lot too. Despite the Patrol being a large vehicle, space inside the front cab is pretty limited & difficult to find a spot for the ipad that doesn't get in the way or lend itself to a 'cluttered' feel.
    Unfortunately for me the dash in my DX is different, I don't have that space between the two air vents, instead the two air vents take up the entire width.

What model Patrol is yours Mega? Maybe I could find one at a wreckers & do a switcheroo?

In the meantime my wife continues to hold the ipad which is mostly a better solution than many on the market.

Cuppa

Hey Cuppa you have a GUIII dash. Mega is a GUIV and completely different. Sorry mate
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,714 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the same one as mego and it works a treat, still moves a bit but i fixed that by having the weight of everything on the wing nut inside the compartment so its got a solid base to rest on, works a treat.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cuppa you have a GUIII dash. Mega is a GUIV and completely different. Sorry mate
    Bugger! I guess I'll stick with my wife then, though I hardly dare refer to her as my ram mount.
    At least it confirms that I have a GU III.
    Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    brave man indeed Cuppa, brave man indeed , please confirm later that Mrs tea has read this.
    with the Dx ute being "different", is it poss to make a small shelf across the top of windscreen
    and make something that "flips down"

@ Mega what model is yours as that dash is different again series 4 ???
    Last edited by threedogs; 22nd May 2013 at 04:15 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    brave man indeed Cuppa, brave man indeed , please confirm later that Mrs tea has read this.
    with the Dx ute being "different", is it poss to make a small shelf across the top of windscreen
    and make something that "flips down"

@ Mega what model is yours as that dash is different again series 4 ???
    Its a Series 4 and later 3D, he has fitted an after market Stereo.

Mine is identical to his. the glove box at the top that Mega has used is where they fit eh Factory GPS in the TI models Us plebs get the glove box.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... the glove box at the top that Mega has used is where they fit eh Factory GPS in the TI models Us plebs get the glove box.
    Ha, that'd have to pee off the Ti owners who want somewhere to mount an iPad.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast