Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Threedogs fishing trip back on

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    The eyes are all the same, "universal", just the hook part is left or right, if you fish from a boat, port and starboard, use the correct hook for that side of the boat, otherwise you can lose the fish!!
    Just ask ya tackle shop, they'll know.
    Cheers, the ferret.
    Well blyme!! I don't know if your taking the piss or something that I never knew
    green 1997 rx 2.8td manual, 2"liftkit with poli air in the rear, bullbar, ipf900 spotties, snorkle, uhf, 145lt longrange tank

soon to include 3" exhaust, custom psi/pyro gauge inbuilt to the dash and plenty natual pinstriping by the bush

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm gunna heat them up and twist them back to RH jobs ,my knots are crap left handed lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bait is the same TD, just the hooks are different, real or line doesn't matter, left or right handed, just the hooks mate.
    Cheers, the ferret.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ferret, does it make any difference?
    green 1997 rx 2.8td manual, 2"liftkit with poli air in the rear, bullbar, ipf900 spotties, snorkle, uhf, 145lt longrange tank

soon to include 3" exhaust, custom psi/pyro gauge inbuilt to the dash and plenty natual pinstriping by the bush

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to use a left and right handed Bowline knot, with the said left and right hooks, otherwise when the fish swims in circles, the knot can come undone.
    If you can't do a bowline, a double granny will do, but they must be left and right, tie the right with the left hand, and the left with the right hand.
    Your tackle shop will have a book on left and right handed knots, if in doubt, use both hands.
    Cheers, the ferret.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevogq View Post
    Ferret, does it make any difference?
    Everything depends if fish are swimming up river on the left side or the right side and different again if fish are swimming down river left or right side.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    You need to use a left and right handed Bowline knot, with the said left and right hooks, otherwise when the fish swims in circles, the knot can come undone.
    If you can't do a bowline, a double granny will do, but they must be left and right, tie the right with the left hand, and the left with the right hand.
    Your tackle shop will have a book on left and right handed knots, if in doubt, use both hands.
    Cheers, the ferret.
    ROFLMFAO.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought my cheese for bait on the Murray. Making my melted Chux cheese blend if tasty and colby.
    Got my scrubbies. Got my chicken Chippees also. Still got to re rig rods. But I really can't be bothered at the moment.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gonna nip over for the weekend Ferret? I need someone to tie on my hooks for me.

apart of geting the correct handed hooks ....... what size should they be for Cod?

I'll have to stop in Shep to get some bait & a licence, might need to get some hooks.

Have no idea what breaking strain line I have on my reel, whadaya reckon I'd need for one of those big coddy things?

Have never caught anything bigger than a couple of kilos.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably 6 or 8-0 hooks, 30lb line, mono Cuppa, not sure , never caught a Murray Cod, but I believe they go ta 40lb!!
    When ya buy ya bait, ask em what size hooks and if you need left or right, If in doubt, use a three barb jag, that way ya got em both ways.lol Might not be legal tho.
    I'd love to come over but work is full on ATM, but thanks for the invite Cuppa.
    Cheers, the ferret.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast