Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink What to keep my eye on? Preventative Maintenance

Hi guys,

I thought it might be good to start a thread about what things to keep an eye on in terms of vehicle maintenance in order to prevent problems.

I know that many of the contributors here are seasoned mechanics or Nissan Owners but for those of us who are new to the game there is just so much to learn.....

I have recently purchase a 1998 GU 4.2TD with 350 K on the clock. This is my first 4wd and so I am learning as I go. What I am keen to learn is what things I need to keep my eyes on in order to prevent major problems.

I would greatly appreciate those of you with experience if you could contribute to this thread and just list some things to check or look out for.

I know the obvious things - clean oil, keep her cool, clean air but there are a million other things which can go wrong if left un-checked. Also if anyone has any links or resources which might help me to get my head around the vehicle and keep her in good nick.

Thanks

Lloyd

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to benno_84 For This Useful Post:

chipppa (12th December 2013), cltchrystal (15th January 2016), Coogs (11th April 2012), dom14 (19th August 2013), GQtdauto (7th April 2017), johan.l (11th September 2015), Kwarte (5th December 2013), mojo53 (15th September 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (24th June 2012), Tobes (3rd August 2014), TrollinAround (17th February 2018), tusman (10th January 2012)