Thread: I Remember when I was a Boy

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking I Remember when I was a Boy

Been thinking about a "I remember, ..... when I was a boy" thread.
    Anyhow,
    Yesterday my daughter-in-law came over for a few hour visit, with one of her kids.

While they were there, and out of the blue, our grand son says to me, " Pop, were there Dinosaurs alive when you were little ?".

Now the first thing that crossed my mind, was that my daughter-in-law had set it up to take the piss out of me. (Ok, Im gunna run with this one).

I said to him, sure there was, I remember when I was a boy we had to walk a long way to school, the roads were all dirt and lots of bush, then you would hear a loud noise and trees being pushed over, we would run real fast and they would chase us. What was more scary, was that we had to keep ducking all the time as we ran because Dinosaur birds would be trying to peck your head. Thats one reason why older people can run faster than you, because we had to be fast to runaway from Dinosaurs.

Ha! didnt bite, payback to the Daughter-in-law. I looked at her and said, ha!! didnt work, wasnt bitting.
    I then found out that she had nothing to do with it it .

Ended up putting the young bloke straight. My wife looked at him and said, "poppys a nut".
    Thanks Hun, (I was being sarcastic) .

Now, where was I going with this, oh yeh

What is your I Remember... when I was Boy

I remember.... when I was a boy, I could get get up out of a chair, or bend over to pick something up and you would hear nothing. These days, when I do those things I hear myself making these strange noises, things like, aahhhh, errrrrrrr, owooooohhhh and some that I have no idea how to spell.

I remember... when I was a boy. Some petrol station had brands, like Atlantic, Neptune and Total
    Last edited by ova50; 2nd November 2012 at 10:14 PM.