OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you coming and want to join in the big cook up?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be attending and will join the Saturday cook up

6 35.29%
  • I'll be attending and will join the Saturday cook up with another person - 2 meals needed

6 35.29%
  • I'll be attending but won't need to join cook up Saturday night

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: VIC meet up - Friday 16th November to Sunday 18th - Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

VIC meet up - Friday 16th November to Sunday 18th - Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve

EDIT: Please vote above if you are joining us. We are having a communal roast cook up Saturday Night. Please vote above if you wish to join in the cook up as well. Normally costs between $5-$20 depending on numbers for the person who organises the food, etc.

Ok, the poll is done and the majority wanted to meet up around Toolangi area.

A lot of people are keen to camp so we have decided to have the meet up at the Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve from Friday 16th November to Sunday 18th.

It's only 10 minutes off the main Melba Hwy in the heart of the Toolangi State Forest. It consists of a stretch of camp sites along the creek on Murrindindi Road, Murrindindi.

We will be trying our best to get the Water Gauge camp site. I'll leave a bit earlier on Friday and try to snag that spot for us....Maybe around 5pm....I'll advise exact time later on.....It's an easy place to find. Just drive along Murrindindi Road you will eventually get to the Suspension Bridge which is an open area with the permit box to pay a small fee....You then just drive along the road and big signs point down to the names of the camp sites....You cannot miss it.

You can see each camp site as you drive along so just look out for Nissan Patrols.

All the information you need can be found on the link below...
    http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/__data/ass...ve-Camping.pdf

Everyone is welcome to attend so don't be shy!!!

Standard procedure will be meet up Friday afternoon set up and talk nonsense, meet and greet.

Saturday will be mostly spent 4wding, etc followed by late afternoon drinks and BBQ's, camp cook ups.

Sunday can be another little out and about if anyone is keen also.

Day trippers on Saturday are more than welcome but try and be at the camp spot before 9am as we will be heading out around 9:30am latest.

The camp site is very well laid out with pit toilets and sheltered picnic tables so not too roughen it up really!!

We had one of our first meet ups here and we all had a ball!!!

Any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask and look forward to meeting some new faces!

Suspension Bridge (Start of the Reserve) PERMIT BOX....STOP HERE TO PAY FIRST

Flashy toilets too...

Well signed....Can't miss it!!!

Every individual camp spot has their own fire pit and plate....Nice!

AB Copy post from in thread below about the trip...

My videos sucked ladies and gents....LMAO

Not even worth putting up here.

OK....It is exactly 35.7km's from Yarra Glen pub to the turn off to the camping area.

Then just follow the main road the whole way. Do not turn off just keep on the main road. It will eventually turn to dirt road and just keep following the main road which will lead you to the Scenic Reserve.

@ 44.7km's on your trip meter from Yarra Glen pub you will hit the entrance to the Murrindindi Scenic Reserve. There is a little shelter there where you get a permit and pay. It's $7 a night so make sure you bring $14 exact cash and put it in the envelope and place in the box.

You will see on the shelter it says 3km to the Water Gauge camping spot...Very well signed so you can't miss it.

There were a few people camped there and only another 1km past Water Gauge was another spot called The Ferns....Great spot too, heaps of room and no one there.....Also, only another 300m past The Ferns was another great spot called Bull Creek.

Basically all the spots before Water Gauge would not suit us so whoever turns up first try Water Gauge...If some one is there then go to The Ferns....If your not happy there then go to Bull Creek.

Once you found the spot just put a post up here so we know. Otherwise It's easy to find out where we are camped as you can just drive down these spots and find the Patrols.....Easy done!
    Hi All,

Weather forecast is looking good for the weekend except we are going to get some rain this week and the tracks will be muddy and slippery by the looks of it.

We will have to split the Saturday driving into two teams by the looks of it.

1 team will be venturing out into the more steeper climbing and more rutted out tracks/holes where a minimum of 2" lift and 33" mud tyres are essential for those tracks.

The second team with the all terrain tyres and stock vehicles will not be able to get through some of those tracks so it has been suggested for two convoys needed.

Just chatted to some of the guys and we have plenty of room in our vehicles for people to jump in so if you have stock patrols and road tyres I suggest doing this or if you are keen for some driving in the area we will have to split the group in two.

On the Friday night we can all look at the maps and work out some routes for both groups anyway.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (26th October 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Woohoo, can't wait. Thanks for taking over the organisation for me Ab

DIAL-A-TAP

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

AB (25th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention...lol

I have a friend coming with his misses who ummmm owns a different model car T....umm....T....Vehicle...LMAO

Great bloke and knows the area well which is good as I dont go up that far normally...He undestands the risk of coming to Patrol meet up so....lol

This should spice things up anyway!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn man why so far away LOL

Ok since im bring the family which means towing the camper,means i cant tow my fuel trailer hahahaha

So where's the nearest fuel??????

Roofy r u going up might follow you up if i go.
    A GOOD MATE WILL BAIL YOU OUT OF JAIL, A BEST MATE WILL BE SITTING NEXT TO YOU SAYING YEP WE F**KED UP

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Toymota drivers, always wanting to play with the big boys.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can possibly get there early Friday to grab a spot.....see how we go

..........on the move.
    Last edited by Maxhead; 26th October 2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: speiing

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Damn man why so far away LOL

Ok since im bring the family which means towing the camper,means i cant tow my fuel trailer hahahaha

So where's the nearest fuel??????

Roofy r u going up might follow you up if i go.
    Me you and Roofy could possibly mini convoy it.

DIAL-A-TAP

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So who's actually going??? hands up who is....hahah

I'm not sure if its just me or the missus and kids yet but I have to be at Mt Evelyn early so I might even make it to the camp spot early Friday arvo.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up for it

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I have the green light for Friday night and all day Saturday and may bring my daughter along...

Might try get up there as early as possible Friday to help secure the right spot????

Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast