User Tag List

Thread: Camping close to the gold coast

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camping close to the gold coast

Just wondering if any members have some suggestions for a good/well priced camping area close to the Gold Coast??

I've got holidays with my 2 youngest from 13th January to 26th January and want to take them camping but also be close to the Gold Coast so we can utilise their VIP Park Passes and go to Wet N Wild, Seaworld & Movie World.

At this stage doesn't look like Brad will be coming so just Me, 10yr old, 7yr old, Frank & Rocky

Thanks Everyone
    Sharen
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi amelia

Check this out

http://shop.boilingbilly.com.au/stor...p?idCategory=2

I have the one for Victoria and it has a great deal of information about the Sites ie GPS,Toilets,Pets,Facilities etc.

Go into a OutDoor Store in your area . They should stock it and you can browse before you Buy.

Good Camping with your new Camper Trailer. Looks great.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (22nd October 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Amelia, what sort of camping you after? (Caravan Park? or Bush Camping?) Also how far away form the Gold Coast (theme parks) did you want to drive from camping to Funparks? Let us know and I may be able to help out with some suggestions
    SPEED METAL NEVER WENT AWAY>>>>> ONLY OUR HEARING DID!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ozzymalone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzymalone View Post
    Hey Amelia, what sort of camping you after? (Caravan Park? or Bush Camping?) Also how far away form the Gold Coast (theme parks) did you want to drive from camping to Funparks? Let us know and I may be able to help out with some suggestions
    My kids don't like driving .. so as close/cheap as possible to the Parks - was just looking at Springbrook National Park but that's prolly abit far. In regards to what type of camping - it doesn't really matter, so long as we're not in the middle of no-where & are safe .. cuz it'll just be me & 2 kids. Have the trailer now so can be self sufficient for power/water etc.
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamborine Mountain Caravan & Camping grounds ??? google maps says it's about 30mins .. anyone ever been there??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might be a bit crowded, but ill be definantly camping here for a bit with my kids when we get back to seq.

http://www.treasureisland.com.au/

ozz
    TB42E manual 1996 GQ 30 year anniversary
    33" maxxi bighorns, 3" EFS & Accessories

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ozzyboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyboy View Post
    might be a bit crowded, but ill be definantly camping here for a bit with my kids when we get back to seq.

http://www.treasureisland.com.au/

ozz
    Was looking at that too but would have to cut holiday down to 1 week to make it affordable ... have you guys been there before? what's it like?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got a mate up here in rocky ( yeah i know, i got mates ... weird ) who swears by it. and for young kids, it is actually a treasure island in his opinion. rediculous amounts of things to do, and close to everything.
    I think i read somewhere its about 70 bux a night for a powered site. so yeah, a bit hexy. maybe unpowered must be a lot cheaper ! Give the batteries a workout.

ozz
    TB42E manual 1996 GQ 30 year anniversary
    33" maxxi bighorns, 3" EFS & Accessories

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Hastings Point caravan park. It's brilliant. Probably half an hour to seaworld and an hour to dreamworld & wet'n'wild but its straight across the road from where Cudgera Creek meets the ocean and awesome to swim, very kid friendly. Head either north or south along Tweed Coast Road and you got little towns dotted along the way.

At the riverside tberes bbq's, toilets, convenience store/bottle shop, canoe hire. Up the road to the north at the roundabout as you get I to cabarita beach tberes a leash free dog friendly beach. Great restaurants at cabarita SLSC, Salt resort just south of kingscliffe and a number of good eating places in kingscliffe itself.

Might be a bit far from the action glitz & glammer of the Gold Coast but its worth looking into or even a day trip there to chill out.
    Love is a TD42T

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Springbrook is nice and not a long walk from camp to the Purling Brook falls. Great spot if you are good with a camera. I know a lot in the NSW Nth Coast Hinterland & Gold Coast Hinterland but all probably an hour from the parks themselves. Mebbin National Park is quite quant and nice (not much to see though) behind Murwullimbah.
    SPEED METAL NEVER WENT AWAY>>>>> ONLY OUR HEARING DID!!!