OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "I Have had a good experience with" Thread.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to focus on the positives here macca, as are you, however it seems most people want to focus on the negatives, hence the thread.

I also want to give B.S.C (bearing and power transmission shop) in Toowoomba a free plug.
    http://www.bsc.com.au/

We get all our bearings etc from these guys, and the amount of stock they have, the service they give is just incredible. Reasonably priced too!

Cheers!
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shes OK mate I'm all for what you said and agree with your intent, just its not all negative. I'm trying to be fair and do my best LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Punderhead View Post
    that we all seem to tell everyone when we have a bad experience with a business, but a good one and we won't say a thing.
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit but was still a good experience, checked out the local opp shop the other day and picked up a Gregories 4x4 survival guide for.......... Wait for it......... $1 Whoohoo

So check out ya local opp shops peeps, many a bargain to be found
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wildgu6 For This Useful Post:

Stropp (25th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OP shops are great shops to pick up some camp cooking gear, Cheap too
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Matt at Terrain Tamer, (Don Kyatt Spare Parts) in 72 Roden st West Melbourne, was polite, knowledgable, and gave good advice. The goods were delivered within 3 days of the bank transfer being confirmed.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double thumbs up for Mill at Millweld. Can't say enough about the bloke or the product (snorkel).
    Love is a TD42T

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Carline Mufflers in Warragul, went there today and didn't buy anything but the bloke spent the good part of half an hour giving me tips and advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    John at Biders in Cranbourne. Great bloke supporting a good mate that is preparing for next years Cliffhanger event. Biders do great work, know GQs really well from mild to wild
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott and Amanda of Southern Cross Trailers in Penrith are amazing. We ordered a custom made trailer from them, it was perfect and they have since taken the design and introduced it as a standard offering - The Tourer!
    http://www.southern-cross-trailers.com.au

Lovely helpful people with fabulous products.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No positive feedback since November 2012?? .. Geez, we are a bunch that's hard to please

Anyhow, I wanted to put in a shameless plug for someone who has looked after me, well beyond what one could reasonably expect:
    I wanted a set of 285/70R17 BFG A/T for my new Patrol and because these tyres are by no means cheap, I tried to shop around a bit.
    With the two big Sydney tyre places parallel importing their own and dumping over the market at $350 - $360, I wanted to use that as leverage when I rang around.

My local shop didn't even want to discuss a price. They were running a special at $398 per tyre and when I asked if they would be able to match the $350 - I was given a fiery speech where I was told that Tempe Tyes and St George Tyres imported "seconds stock" where the thread came away from the tyre and all sorts of nonsense and there was no way they would even try to meet that price.
    I gave it a thought and decided to buy the tyres anyway at the $398 but was then told they had to be ordered and I had to pay the full price upfront. I told them I'd give them my credit card number over the phone but they said no - I had to come into the shop and pay them in person. At this time, I figured I'd let them keep their tyres and go elsewhere.

Here is the good bit
    Next, I called Jaxx Tyres in Lismore and ran the same argument if they could meet the $350. The guy tapped on his keyboard a little while and then came back apologizing that he couldn't meet that but offered me a price of $375 and told me that was the best he could do. When I accepted that and asked if he wanted a deposit to order the tyres, he said "no mate, just fix me up when you get here"
    The tyres were fitted a few days later when I made it to Lismore. Professional, nice and friendly service!!
    I'm going to Lismore again on friday for more tyres - obviously from the same store. This is where I will buy my kit in the future!! Big thumbs up for Jaxx Tyes in Lismore!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apalsson For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th March 2014), rkinsey (7th March 2014), Stropp (7th March 2014), threedogs (7th March 2014)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast