Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: rubbish imported from china.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I also agree with AB. Everybody turn their phone over and see where its made or assembled. I know Iphones are put together in china.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,713 Times in 2,489 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right with you guys, a LOT of big name companies are manufacturing in china but have quality control at both ends, I think some of you would be surprised just who manufactures in china.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Right with you guys, a LOT of big name companies are manufacturing in china but have quality control at both ends, I think some of you would be surprised just who manufactures in china.
    And BINGO was his name!! Spot on mate!!

Quality control is the issue all - not the country, the people, nor the companies ... I can point you to multiple so called Aussie companies that I'd gouge my own eyes out before dealing with due to their after sales service, lack of warranty, etc, etc ...

You, that's right ... YOU (me included of course) the end consumer are just as responsible for what you get dished up when you buy something. You have never, ever in the entire consumer retail and credit history of Australia EVER not been responsible for due diligence of some description in sussing out the company, their products, reviews, etc, etc ... you get what you pay for, and if you invest bugger all time as well as bugger all money trying to get things cheap and quick, well ... enjoy your junior burger then ... coz just like them, most the time you feel you've scored a bargain when you buy it, you feel satisfied when you see it, generally it "tastes" like what you wanted, but like most of us, you'll eventually regret it later!! lol.

Bad analogy, but I'm sure you get my point.

Some products, not all, are definitely 'cheap' for a reason - figure it out ....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

rkinsey (24th October 2012), Stropp (25th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All straps were made here in MELB for the big 3 one has now gone off shore, but I'm 100% sure that quality controll
    is adhered to, as lives are at stake. As most are saying now if the quality is there its ok. Still need to look hard for real Quality stuff.
    Heres a dumb EG. I just picked up a wardrobe from 1920, hand made in Australia in Flemington by white australians as we
    were rasicist back then. this wardrobe is still brand new 92 years later, I'm only using it for mop cupboard, look for quality. Would like to know if stapled MDF would last this long, solid oak everywhere no ply. $50
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 24th October 2012 at 12:56 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came out of an industry that decided to get parts made in China and also set up factories in India. We sent people there to teach them what to do and what was the standard.
    We also put people in to watch the quality and specs.
    As soon as our people left the invented their own way of doing things.
    Pallet after pallet of parts for the mining industry arrived out of spec, the welding was pathetic.
    Just imagine what would happen in the mines if a weld failed?
    Tons of this stuff was and still is being rejected. They have no idea.
    We designed work benches for the jigs to sit on while being welded, on an inspection of the place it was found that the welders also sat on the benches.
    We sent parts off shore to many places as a guide to what it had to look like finished.
    We shipped the people all here to see what and how we did things, even this did not help.
    2 weeks ago i was on site in a major importers warehouse, in 1 ware house it was packed full of rejects over a 100 pallets of the stuff.
    Computers printers faxes you name it, it was there. Circuit boards of all sorts, im serious you name it and it was there all labeled faulty or reject.
    The entire work force of over 100 people were all Asain who all spoke the same lingo.
    Not one safety procedure was followed, the foot ware went from sandles to sneakers you name it they wore it.
    I did see 3 Aussies in one office. 3.
    There were no defined walk ways apart from one that went nowhere and over 20 forklift running around.
    Just trying to get out was dangerous without being hit.
    I shat bricks on the top of a sissor lift with these people running around, never mind the witches hats to stop them.
    They have moved their work ethics to here as well as bad product.
    Im at a loss as to how a place can get away with what they do.

Thanks for the info on lead filling, im not aware of the roof having a prior problem as there is no sign of work having been done on it from inside or out.
    The lead was only to be used to fill holes after welding. I spose some good bog would also work.
    I have in the past done a fair bit of tig work on cars.
    But due to the heat it produces i was worried about expansion of the roof and buckles.
    I have asked that it be plated on the inside due to the thickness of it, then also plug welded to that plate.

Some people cant afford top range gear, so they then look for the cheap option. (Imported)
    Needless to say imported or not it should meet the standard here.

Also thanks for the info n standards.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345