User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rubbish imported from china.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up, i was thinking about purchasing some gear from that mob too.
    I aslo have a gripe for cheap crap, i bought a turbo and manifold off ebay for my TD42, while i was expecting much from the turbo (and i didn't get it), the manifold was really the biggest POS i had seen. When trying to bolt in onto the block, 3 or 4 of the nuts would foul on the casting and you couldn't get them on, i had to grind material out of the manifold in 3 spots for fitting. After 3 weeks the manifold warped and broke 2 bolts in my head. The V band flange that came with the turbo doesn't match the shape of the clamp and it never seals, the turbo didn't come with any fittings. I am glad i learn't this lesson and it wasn't too expensive.
    I will be buying Australian alot more often now and continue to support local small business, but i do expect customer service. I would have got a local shop to fit a turbo kit in the first place if they were rude to me.
    If you going through hell...Keep going

GQ wagon locked - lifted - 33's, 02 SS ute, XB coupe 460bb, KTM530

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richo460 View Post
    I will be buying Australian alot more often now and continue to support local small business, but i do expect customer service. I would have got a local shop to fit a turbo kit in the first place if they were rude to me.
    I hear you... I have been treated like shit from a few businesses in the 4wd industry, because I dont have a 2011 Gu or 200 serious cruiser and cant fork out big dollars at the moment on mods.

I am trying more and more to stay away from Chinese crap but I would like to be treated with respect from the retail shops here as one day I will have disposable income to spend on my pride and joy and not on houses and renovations...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep after recent experiences I'm gunna be a Racist White Australian Policy type of consumer,
    If it has Asia on it it's "off the list". The people living in those countries need jobs but so do Aussies.
    If they are going to produce crap, at a price to suit most times, we are not even going to consider them.
    We dont use knock offs in our business, simply too much risk no matter what the cost.
    We dont buy food from those countries, fair go they put rubbish in the formula they feed their own kids and killed them. What are we getting.
    Fish from farms in SE Asia is possibly full of good ol American Agent Orange from the waterways and who knows what else in the food they feed them. Do a search on Bassa from Vietnam and Thailand, it is frightening.
    Bag me for my attitude but its my money, my health and my safety.
    I'm going to get another Aussie beer and line up for bit of Aussie beef with local farmers market and home grown veggies for my dinner mmm mmmm mmm mmmm mmm
    Cheers
    Macca

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

89gqpatrol4x4 (24th October 2012), Maxhead (22nd October 2012), patchev (23rd October 2012), threedogs (23rd October 2012)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question for most people is to buy cheap or not to buy at all as money doesnt grow on trees. So is no roof rack or tent at all much better then cheap chinese one? For many people is spending $1000 on arb roof rack just never gona happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karol View Post
    The question for most people is to buy cheap or not to buy at all as money doesnt grow on trees. So is no roof rack or tent at all much better then cheap chinese one? For many people is spending $1000 on arb roof rack just never gona happen.
    Fair comment, I got fed up with arriving at camp and couldnt use it without repairs.

What did we do before the market was flooded with this stuff we are talking about?
    Cheers
    Macca

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got on line to see what is available here and made locally.
    I found several that sell well known brand names i also found another at about half the price. Made to order.
    I would want to see one mounted before i purchase another.
    Your right when you say for some the costs would be to great.
    But in the long term they are far cheaper to go local.
    Im now up for 2ks worth of work on my roof, had i gone local in the first place i still would have saved $1.500.
    And not had my patrol out of action for a week.
    Im just trying to warn people of the things that happen that you would never expect to happen.
    Who in their right mind would have predicted that this Chinese roof rack would try and tear my roof off.
    All because it is not the right profile to suit the gutters and the spread of the gutters.
    I purchased a roof rack for a GU Nissan patrol.
    Thats is not what i got.
    But in any case many people will make their own call on what they can afford.
    I understand that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about all the crap you've gone through, and the damage caused Optic.

My brief foray into the cheap and cheerful alternative was thankfully not damaging to the car and only a little to the wallet.

Now it's a case of doing without until I can afford the quality local, or proven brand name, stuff. In the long run it's a whole lot easier and generally cheaper.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lonicus For This Useful Post:

snewin (22nd October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly off topic, but I joined a bowhunting forum and every now and then someone asks about cheap compound bows on eBay. Again only baaaaaad cheap nasty shit that has the potential to do serious physical damage to the user!!
    But I spoke to a Chinese gent who told me that there is good stuff that comes out of china but the world demands cheap shit from them and that's what they deliver. So the lesson is I spose don't buy shit, if the demands not there????

Sent via my tapping thumbs

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of those Chinese roof rack things and almost straight after I bought it I got buyers remorse and so wished I had not got it.... the welds are just rubbish and the recycled steel used it so poor it has no real integrity.

Years ago I managed to snap a medium sized Chinese bench vice in half and I ended up knocked out and a heap of stitches in my face.. now I have 2, one of which is a fwaarrkking big offset dawn vice made in 1923 and the other is a Sheffield and if I ever managed to break them... and I picked both up from swap meets for a very good price !!!!

It's hard but I am trying to stay away from the rubbish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optic View Post
    Here are the pics i took today after i had gone to see my Nissan mechanic.
    He stood back and said i dont believe what im looking at.
    I also did a visit to a car resto place today and was quoted 2K to get what i want done.
    Thats a welded in plate inside the roof, plug welded from out side and lead to finish off. No Bog allowed.
    Then the entire roof painted with a 2 part hard clear coat over the top.
    As you will see from the pics the problems that exist.
    Im more than happy to answer any questions in a PM.
    As i intend to take legal action against the supplier for the damage caused then report them for unsafe product on the roads.
    Having spent years making B Doubles Skells And all forms of road transport, i know that if its unsafe it will be put off the road. Period.
    As for the roof top tent you will see what i added to try and keep water out.
    You will also notice the bend in the cross rails due to the force created by the end plates mounted on the gutter.
    Take note of the cracking and fallen of powder coat on the rack, this happened in the first week.
    Also look at the angle the gutter mounts are at compared to the rack, you will see that they are the wrong angle.
    Causing the cross rails to bend and rip my roof open.
    I have included the brackets they supplied, they are as they came out of the packet, totally useless. Note the placing of the holes.
    I don't know whether your aware or not but did you know your roof has been painted before and possably repaired where that crack is.

To repair that it would need welding then a plastic filler over the top would be fine. Lead wiping doesn't handle flex and side to side movement to well so it may delaminate or crack when your roof flexes while driving. Lead also doesn't stick to a lot of newer metals which is why most panel shops have a couple of different welders with different wires for welding the different metals. Lead wiping was fine when the bodies where made out of 1.2mm steel and all steels where the same but now there made out of 0.4 or 0.8 mm there is far more movement (expanding and contracting) which is why we have plastic filler. High quality plastic fillers will out last the car. The stuff you buy at supercheap which is put in by backyarders gives bog a bad name.

I used to be a spraypainter and a technical paint rep so all this stuff was brain washed into me. lol

Cheers Mick.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast