OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: legal or not???? stainless steel plate at back of tray?????

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

legal or not???? stainless steel plate at back of tray?????

hi i hope i am putting this in the right spot but on my way home from work today i was pulled over by the police and they told me a few things i wasnt sure on and i cant find much on google! first at the back of my tray (nissan patrol 2001 ute) where the lights and number plate goes i have a mirror finish plate of stainless steel they said it has to go or cant be shiny! i have gone to nsw a few times and my mum followed me and she said she never had a problem with sun refecting!! so just wondering if there are any laws on it?? second i have a 2inch lift kit and they said it has to be certified by qld transport?? any help would be great thanks everyone!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your 2" lift does not have to be certified mate, sounds like he is being a jerk and trying to pin you on anything he can. Not sure on the stainless though, best to call the rta on that one, they might be able to help you there.

While you're here though how about you pop over to the intro section and let us know a bit about yourself and your ride.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

matty86 (17th October 2012), threedogs (17th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just beat me to it Winnie
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks heaps! i will get into that i just uploaded some pics dont know if it worked or not? one more question how would u go about dulling the stainless???

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hit it with a little scotch brite from the kitchen sink or steel wool and it will dull off quickly and easily. I'd book you for that too mate sorry and I'm not a copper. If there is a chance that a vehicle traveling behind at night might cop a head light reflection and its got to go mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

matty86 (17th October 2012), threedogs (18th October 2012)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah thats what i was thinking. i wasnt booked for anything they were more interested in talking to me about my paint job i was just wondering if it was a law or just not advised? i will be dulling it up either way i dont want to cause any problems on the roads there are enough crazies out there for that lol

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the steel wool would work fine or is there a acid etch you could spray on it im just thinking the wool may be a pain to get an even finish on it maybe someone else has done something simular?.

whats diffrent about your paint job mate? got art- work on it or air brushed ? if so would love to see it !

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it just has a large rainbow flake through the top coat nothing that special but people seam to love it. on the stainless i might get it whip blasted at my work that will be best i think well i will give it a go and see?

pic in my profile of my car dont know how to add one on here??

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try going to your photo gallery and click on the photo you like and scroll down you will see a link that’s call "bb" copy and paste it in this text column and it will show the pic between the text where you place it . here is a pic to help

alternatively click on the "go advanced" and you will see manage attachments button and you can work out the rest as you have done it in your gallery
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

matty86 (17th October 2012)

We are located in the Port Stephens region of NSW, sand, water and fun in the sun!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like the cop was enforcing "his" interpretation of the rules yet again!
    When I was a we little lad we all purchased one tonne utes, V8's and all the fruit.
    Every time one of us young hoon's would drive down the street with our fold down sides removed the constabulary would fine us.
    Some contested and lost,,,,,,,,,,,,

The speech went like this "Table top tray's are to be fitted folding sides where sides were fitted as per factory equipment, or something close to those words.

As for the shiny rear plate, any item that is deemed a potential traffic hazard are not permitted. No matter whether it was factory fitment or after market.

As per usual though, these rules or guide lines are open to individual interpretation.
    Cheers

The BigFella
    500,000ks and still counting!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The BigFella For This Useful Post:

matty86 (17th October 2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast