Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodgy SMS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I won 2 million yesterday via SMS, just had to give the nice people my bank account number........told my boss to shove his job and walked out......wonder how long it will take them to deposit it in my account...LOL
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo hoo doggy you'll be able to have the fanciest GQ on the planet well done

Sent via my tapping thumbs

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

Woof (21st October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,415 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's the response I got from one of them

SHELL PETROLEUM SOUTH AFRICA 2012 PROMO
    DEPARTMENT OF AWARD CONFIRMATION.

Dear: Winner,

This is in response to your winning reference number B2K forwarded to this office for claiming of your winning prize. We have verified the computerized system and confirmed that you are the grand prize winner of $1,000,000.00 (ONE MILLION AUD) and the sum is still unclaimed with your cell phone number.

WE KNOW YOU WILL BE WONDERING WHY YOU RECEIVED AN SMS FROM SHELL PETROLEUM WITHOUT BUYING ANY TICKET. NO TICKET WAS SOLD, WE GOT AN APPROVAL FROM AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT TO COLLECT SEVEN MILLION MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBERS FROM YOUR GLOBAL SERVICE PROVIDER, THE LOTTO WAS CONDUCTED HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA, AS CELL PHONE NUMBERS WAS RANDOMLY SELECTED, WHICH YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAPPENED TO BE AMONG THE THREE LUCKY NUMBERS THAT WON $1,000,000.00 (ONE MILLION AUD) EACH. I CHECKED IN OUR DATABASE AND FOUND OUT THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY WINNER THAT THE PRIZE MONEY IS STILL UNCLAIMED, AS THE TWO OTHER WINNERS ALREADY RECEIVED THEIR OWN LAST WEEK. YOUR NUMBERS WAS THE LAST WINNING NUMBER THAT WAS WHY YOU WERE THE LAST TO BE NOTIFIED.

We wish to inform you that before we commence with your payment, our headquarters requires that we make verifications before transferring your prize money to you.

In view of the aforesaid; for your paperwork to be processed and for your payment to be effected, you are expected to provide the following information immediately:

Here are the information we need:

Date:
    Your Full Name:
    Reference NO:
    Winning Cellphone No:
    Your home or office address:
    Business Name/Company Name:
    Phone and fax number:

For security reasons, do not disclose your winning information to anyone for now pending when your prize money will be paid to you in full to avoid any unscrupulous activities. You have to strictly adhere to this instruction because we have had cases in the past were some of our winners complained of someone else claiming their prize.

On behalf of Shell Petroleum South Africa 2012 Promo, we all are congratulating you once again.

Kind Regards
    MR DAVID COLE.
    PROCESSING DEPARTMENT
    SHELL PETROLEUM.
    +27825568274

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh ooh ooh ... can I respond??? lmao

The thing that gets me is the only reason these people can continue to exist is that suckers out there actually respond and get ripped off! Are humans really that dumb?? Obviously are coz if you google it, it's like a $100 Million business of people getting stitched up every year ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haven't responded yet so think of all the fake names you can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got an email
    Am miss Alisa Ivan am single looking for a serious relationship that can lead to marriage,do contact me Asap
    i wont put up link as it mst be bogus
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're in mate!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my third 256 View Post
    just got an email
    Am miss Alisa Ivan am single looking for a serious relationship that can lead to marriage,do contact me Asap
    i wont put up link as it mst be bogus
    I would normally have responded to that ... until she/he/it on the other end of the email used that fateful word ... "serious" ...

I mean really?? Serious?? You're coming from overseas trying to hook up a green card (or whatever we call it). Is it not obvious that once here, there's no chance nor time to be taken seriously ... between all the cleaning, mowing, yard maintenance, running the kids to and from school, running errands, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc, etc??

Serious?? Ptoiii (spitting sound - lol) ... now if they had said something like "looking for manual labour role at low cost to you and will sleep in swag out in shed (after I finish tidying it up on a daily basis), with no strings or attachments other than my absolute commitment to your every command" ... now that would stop and make you think!! lmao

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    I would normally have responded to that ... until she/he/it on the other end of the email used that fateful word ... "serious" ...

I mean really?? Serious?? You're coming from overseas trying to hook up a green card (or whatever we call it). Is it not obvious that once here, there's no chance nor time to be taken seriously ... between all the cleaning, mowing, yard maintenance, running the kids to and from school, running errands, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc, etc??

Serious?? Ptoiii (spitting sound - lol) ... now if they had said something like "looking for manual labour role at low cost to you and will sleep in swag out in shed (after I finish tidying it up on a daily basis), with no strings or attachments other than my absolute commitment to your every command" ... now that would stop and make you think!! lmao
    Then I would know you were bull shifting me Scotty Hehaw hehaw.LMFAO
    Drive is 04 DX wagon, 165Ks, Dual Batts, 12000kg Warn in steel bar, Snorkel, Xray 220 Hid Spots, Cruise, digital EGT, Draws in back with power box, 40Ltr Waeco for the essentuals

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Got a shonky SMS overnight obviously dodgy hopefully no one would get sucked in by this

Am Hassan, I need your assistance and partnership in investing a certain amount of money belonging to a client.Email me for more details. hassan5@blabla
    I responded F$&k off but it didn't go through. So I rang and got a message bank for some heavily accented so n so but it was full so I couldn't leave another friendly message. I'm not gunna email and give the wanker my email

Sent via my tapping thumbs
    My wife got that at about 0230 the other night.I have'nt had any email ones but ive the windows maintance department ones had 6 in one day after days of abusing them, i changed my ways and started to tell them that i was" recording this phone call and it will be passed onto the fedral police who are looking into this matter".
    They hang up 99% of the time. My wife did this and the guy said that he was recording the call because she "has a sexy voice" she said thanks now ill do you for sexual harresment LOL then hungup.
    A GOOD MATE WILL BAIL YOU OUT OF JAIL, A BEST MATE WILL BE SITTING NEXT TO YOU SAYING YEP WE F**KED UP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast