Thread: Known issues with Telstra pods

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hinges.

The black plastic hinge that ships with the pods are good while they last but as photos on other threads show, you can axe yourself when opening the side doors. People are saying they have a shelf life of around 6 years but some certainly have had them on for much longer. Things to look out for are:

Split plastic in the centre of the hinge
    Perishing at the ends of the hinge
    Plastic hinge breaking away from the pod surface
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Pod Chassis

Now I reakon it seems that north Queensland/outback pods seem to be the most abused pods. Inspecting some pods has revealed the aluminium channel rail parting from the base of the pod. Probably due to overloading?? My pod is from city Victoria and has been looked after well, hence everything is still glued together, however seeing some other pods from qld, it's certainly apparent that their former owners have tested their durability very well.
    ------------------------
    T locks and door sensors

Some pod locks will receive the key but then turn but not unlock. My opinion is the barrels in the t locks aren't great. I've opted for the round high security lock for mine.
    Door sensors, depending if they are working, need to be adjusted. They seem to creep out of alignment and if you have the alarm hooked up will keep getting false alarms.
    2006 4.2TDi GU Cab Chassis - Twin Locked with extra....stuff

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bakes For This Useful Post:

AB (15th October 2012), Cuppa (26th December 2012)