OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New National Code for Vehicle mods starts in Queensland 1st November.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme 4x4 Sport View Post
    But at least in Queensland, Transport have the final say, not just go by a piece of paper. Here, you can get your vehicle fitted with a "Blue Mod Plate" and drive it down the road, then be pulled over by Transport and upon further inspection have found it Coded incorrectly. Off the road.
    I have come across this, it kinda sucks in a way, as they hold the "owner" of the car liable for the mods on the vehicle, yet if you ring QT (Queensland Transport) "before" doing the mods, they don't help you much, just point you in the direction of a place that does blue plates.

So finding out the info yourself is difficult, the people who make the rules (QT) wont explain them to you, so you have to place all your trust in a engineer licenced by QT, but then QT wont stand by his/her decisions/interpritations of the rules if they don't agree, and the owner is still left holding the responsibility to fix it.

Clearer rules , firmer or not, are going to be better for everyone !

So would it be a safe bet to be ordering my 33s yet David ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    I have come across this, it kinda sucks in a way, as they hold the "owner" of the car liable for the mods on the vehicle, yet if you ring QT (Queensland Transport) "before" doing the mods, they don't help you much, just point you in the direction of a place that does blue plates.

So finding out the info yourself is difficult, the people who make the rules (QT) wont explain them to you, so you have to place all your trust in a engineer licenced by QT, but then QT wont stand by his/her decisions/interpritations of the rules if they don't agree, and the owner is still left holding the responsibility to fix it.

Clearer rules , firmer or not, are going to be better for everyone !

So would it be a safe bet to be ordering my 33s yet David ?

Just wait a few more days

Cheers
    David

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your unsure on David on this forum, he has been in the 4x4 scene for many years and is the pioneer of the winch truck comps here in Qld. So when it come to a 4x4 he know's a few things....
    So much appreciated MMM for post this update on this forum.

Kind of glade though that I did put in the 5tl v8 and nothing bigger.
    FORCED OFFROAD
    Built by NISSAN Powered by HOLDEN Perfected by ME "hulksta"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GX2M...layer_embedded
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Gq-v8-daul-cab.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forced Offroad View Post
    If your unsure on David on this forum, he has been in the 4x4 scene for many years and is the pioneer of the winch truck comps here in Qld. So when it come to a 4x4 he know's a few things....
    So much appreciated MMM for post this update on this forum.

Kind of glade though that I did put in the 5tl v8 and nothing bigger.
    Thanks for the kind words.

I am just giving my opinion, if in doubt give the people that have the final say - Transport, a call and ask them (07-3114 5844). I would hate to lead anyone down "The Garden Path".

Cheers
    David

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words.

I am just giving my opinion, if in doubt give the people that have the final say - Transport, a call and ask them (07-3114 5844). I would hate to lead anyone down "The Garden Path".

Cheers
    David
    You were leading me down the path of bankruptcy as my patrol was getting built for your comps. But giggle pin and what the lads and grils are doing to there trucks would have sent me broke. Plus watching them with rum in hand is just as fun and cheaper.

Cheers j
    FORCED OFFROAD
    Built by NISSAN Powered by HOLDEN Perfected by ME "hulksta"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GX2M...layer_embedded
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Gq-v8-daul-cab.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be great to have a level you can maintain without any issues, clearly stated and eventually across the country.

Then if you want to explore beyond the limits of the code then do it properly and have it engineered.
    Last edited by macca; 17th October 2012 at 01:56 PM.
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I am an approved Diesel Fitter, motor mechanic & now am also Certified in Truck, Coach, Trailer Body Building as well as an "Approved Person" under Queensland Transport. (I don't think NSW has them).
    Yes NSW now users Certifiers not engineers, hence why I asked which one you where....I thought I had read on one of your previous threads that you were a certifier but was just checking in QLD had changed yet.

I think I would rather be in the old shit box that is road legal than in a 4wd with a 10" lift.
    Sorry I worded that wrong, I was referring to a 10 year old sh!t box that is road legal due to a roadworthy that should not of been issued, ok maybe a 10 inch lift was a little over the top in my example, but I know I would prefer 2 be in my unroadworthy 4wd due to lift that an unroadworthy car.

I have seen vehicles come out of all states including Qld with a piece of paper from an engineer saying that they comply and are safe to use on the roads, that should not even be there, let alone used on the roads.
    No offence to you mate, as I'm sure you do a top job, but I'm sure all engineers use to comply to the rules and regs once upon a time. And I'm sure the same thing will happen with some certifiers giving time.

But at least in Queensland, Transport have the final say, not just go by a piece of paper. Here, you can get your vehicle fitted with a "Blue Mod Plate" and drive it down the road, then be pulled over by Transport and upon further inspection have found it Coded incorrectly. Off the road.
    I dare say this happens in all states, I know in NSW the Roads and Maritime Services ( RTA ) have cars driving around that will pull you over and will defect the vehicle on the spot if they don't agree with your certificate of compliance. But in NSW our RTA and police tend to leave four wheel drivers alone unless they are obvious targets.

I see it all the time, people putting in a 6lt, 6.5 or 6.6 and having an Blue Plate fitted with the LA1 Code done by an Engineer. You ask the question if they had any trouble getting it passed. Answer is no, Engineer was happy with it. Then you ask how long it took to get their Approval letter from Transport. What letter, the Engineer said it was ok, WRONG, in Queensland you must seek Approval first for any engine swaps over 5.8lt (350ci) into a full size 4wd.
    I have never had the need to look up NSW regulations on motor conversions and if they need an approval letter from the RTA, but this comes down to the person that is doing the conversion not getting the information first, anyone doing any type of conversion should get the rules and regs from there appropriate road transport authority. If your transport authority can't give you the info your after, then you shouldn't get it done. Obviously engineers were not doing there job as they were passing vehicles without a letter from transport first, rules I assume they should know.

I have competed, still run events and have toured around a lot of Australia, but I do not believe that we should be running around on the road with tyres larger then 35" and suspension lift of more then 4" fitted with full hydo steer and coilovers. After all we are talking about road use.
    I sort of agree with you David, as i don't really see the need for anything over what you have stated but if someone wants to do it then why not it they can legally get it engineered / certified whatever one wants to call it. I believe there should be a conditional registration where one has to prove they need anything over that size and if they can they should be allowed.

I think the new National Code will be clearer and for us here in Queensland have gained some, where as the other states will be a bit more restricted then what you have been used too.
    The prove will be in the pudding as they say, I doubt anything the roads transport authority's release will be any clearer than what they have now, but at least it will be national so people won't get defected travelling from state to state ( something that should of never of happened in the first place! )

I am thankful that you have put the info up for others and I know you were only giving your opinion as am I.

Cheers

Todd
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12