OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which exhaust.. Beaudesert or Redback ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which exhaust.. Beaudesert or Redback ?

I am looking to hear from people who have installed either of the two exhausts.

reason being that I am looking for some extra bit of power and milage out of my brand new bog standard GU. From reading the forum I figured the exhaust is the first mod I should look into.
    2012 GU Patrol Simpson Edition. Auto. UHF, Bull Bar, 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils. 3" stainless Steel Exhaust.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would chipping it be a better start mate?? Similar money and probably better performance gains than a straight swap of the exhaust.

Others would have better input on this but either way, good luck with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An exhaust and Chip will see you with a BIG smile on your face mate
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL Scottie we were on it mate! I'd probably be thinking the Chip first too if the funds can only do one or the other.

Both and then a good Dyno is a Winner mate. think about a Pyro gauge before the Dyno if you go down that path.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently saving up for a SS 3" beaudesert exhaust. Finished doing my research into it and have moved on to other things but the decision was this & I looked into a lot, and there are a lot lol.
    Love is a TD42T

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im new to the world of Patrols but have been into cars for yrs and id be looking at the exhaust first as if you get the tune right and then change the exhaust ull be having to start over again. Im also looking at upgrading my exhaust so id be interested to see what ppl have to say.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    LOL Scottie we were on it mate! I'd probably be thinking the Chip first too if the funds can only do one or the other.

Both and then a good Dyno is a Winner mate. think about a Pyro gauge before the Dyno if you go down that path.
    Haha - some saying about "great minds think alike"!! I prefer the option that "fools rarely differ"!!! lmao

Yep, both if the funds allow for it - the some extra money for napkins to catch the after effect of the install (drool)! lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bought 2 3/4 the exhaust for my 2008 and absolutey love it! by far the best mod i have done and had i have bought the system first i would not have bought the chip also went the beaudesert and there was a bit of drama which i won't go into..... ok here's what happened, the blokes that pack it for shipping actually put the wrong tail pipe in and they sent me a 3" rear tail pipe to suit the 4.2l ute which mine is a 3l wagon. anyway rang them and they said to take the truck to a local bloke to have the 3" end modified to fit then they would send the right one out (which they did) at the time i was supposed to drive to work the next day so i had to miss the first 2 hours. beaudesert gave me back the money for the mod, payed me for the 2 hours work i missed and sent the correct part and i also left the 3" end on it because it looks better! i can't say enough about the guys at beaudesert and it was a very easy DIY install.......GO BEAUDESERT! cheers....
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 2006 4.2 intercooled st tray back and recently fitted a beaudesert exhaust and noticed a marked improvment in fuel economy and more importantly power would recommend to all. And quite easy to fit

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly. What would make one of those two brands said to be the better? Say if they were both 3inch and mandrel bent? Nothing... Stainless steel? I see no point, but its up to what you like, you can't really see it anyhow. The only real factor I could think of is the Cat, whether it's guts are ceramic or metallic and maybe the muffler. Other than that your just paying for a brand name.
    But I have a 3inch Redback system I got for $900 and I fitted it myself. Much cheaper than whats advertised in Ebay...I went through all this rigmarole too and just went to my local zorst shop and he sorted me out good with the system I have now.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast