User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Market direct campers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally when i get a Camper i will be probably getting a Full off road GIC camper in a base model. From then i will upgrade the springs and add all the stuff i want to it, just using there trailer and tent as a starting point

GIC

Fletcha
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it comes down to personal preference and budget. I'm pretty happy with what I got but others might disagree, there's so many brands out there to choose from so good luck with it.

Cheers
    GU series 7, 3" lift EFS Elite with Dobinson springs all round, Dual Batt, roof rack with side awning, Safari Snorkel, Scan gauge, TaipanXP 3" SS Vortex Exhaust, Cross Country Intercooler upgrade, Dawes Valve, Stage 2 TaipanXP Chip, Catch Can, blocked EGR.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Market Direct camper and had a couple of issues but nothing substantial. I replaced taps and water pipes, installed a stone guard under the water pump and tank, added two electrical outlets and had to have the brake drums machined--they work better when round :-)) I also replaced the stone guard with rubber shield.
    Since then we waded through the 2010 Birdsville floods, climbed really rough farm tracks and a trip to Cooper Creek (Windorah) So far zero issues.
    The annex is a bear to erect--takes two people--but works great Cover keeps dust and water out while on the road.
    Mine is galvanised and alloy tool box. For what I paid it is good value..
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Gary For This Useful Post:

GreenGQ (14th January 2013)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a MDC camper, i love it, definately a good piece i bought, no problems as yet

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have just purchased a second hand castaway camper, now just waiting on fitting it out how i want it and away i go. australian made which is also great.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just bought the MDC Step Through last week. I have been reading up on campers for about a year and looking at campers for probably most of this year now, seen quite a few second handy's, looked at GIC, EzyTrail and MDC, here in northern melbourne. I am aware of the dodgy builds, I saw a couple last year but I do think most have picked up their game. The Ezytrail I didn't like straight off. Apart from the build the sales guys just didn't give a rats and really didn't try hard to make a sale. In the end the owner of the MDC store here was nice enough to trick me into handing over my hard earned but its go more than I wanted and I'm almost happy with my purchase. I really wanted to get a hard floor camper but they have less storage space and smaller tents. Prolly good if I didn't have kids but looking forward to taking delivery of the new camper in the end of October.
    I also see the Supercheap Group are exclusively selling two MDC models aswell. And if you buy through Ray's( and maybe the other SC stores) they give you a 10% in store credit of the purchase price of your trailer. I was spewing they don't sell the one I wanted though.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate bought mdc, it seemed ok from first look but time will tell .
    One thing that surprised me was the weight of the draw bar one person can't lift it !

I'm not sure if mdc and gic campers are one in the same ones made in aus and ones imported..?
    Last edited by megatexture; 14th September 2013 at 08:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12