Thread: Market direct campers

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Market direct campers

I have been looking at the market direct camper trailers on the web, they look like really good value for money. Has anyone got one of these or had any experience with them.i haven't had any feedback on what type of quality they are. Any imput would be great.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the EKKA (QLD show) I was looking at them. I merely pushed on the checker plating and bent the side of their main camper, needless to say I scooted off as fast as I could to the first van of deep fried death after and wached to see if I was seen lol mmmmmmm dagwood dogs. I know 2 guys who have them. One is welded just ok an the other needed most of it rewelded. Yes they did this under waranty but took them 3 weeks...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you only get what you pay for so be carefull out there as many a person will try to part you from your hard earned cash
    best to go quality i know it costs a little more but in the long run it works out better
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

We are located in the Port Stephens region of NSW, sand, water and fun in the sun!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have transported a couple of different makes from China, and although they are cheap I dont feel they represent good value for dollar.
    I would advise to look second hand, can get some great deals and most are Aussie built.
    Cheers

The BigFella
    500,000ks and still counting!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a cheap Chinese made camper and it was great for the money but I dont think it would last 5 years. (this will depend where you take it)
    Just be carefull of the bolt on versions where the draw bar is bolted to the box. These are basically a flat pack trailer to save shipping costs. Look for weld on jobs and make sure the welds are good. They will only use cheap leaf springs and shocks but they can be upgraded later on if needed.
    Make sure the box is solid, dust proof, water proof, straight, etc and you'll be fine.

good luck

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback, will give them a wide berth sounds cheap and nasty.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depands on your budjet. If you can afford 10K than try Lifestyle campers. They are made in Brisbane. I have one and they are really well built. What ever brand you choose, do a google search on them. Very quickly you will find out any issues. Good Luck

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the Step through version- the largest of the range. Trailers are made at the factory at Cooper plains,Brisbane with the tent being imported from china or somewhere over there. I remember looking at them a couple of years back with the old range they had and boy they were Sh*t but since with all the complaints and lack of sales I'm guessing they took on board customer feed back. The one I purchased isn't bad for the money I spent with the extra I added for comfort. Build quality is a lot higher than what I thought. I did have an issue with the canvas tent when I first brought it home finding 3 small holes which I then went back quick smart they checked it out and decided to replace the tent. At the same time for the drama's of coming back they gave me an extra gas bottle holder, storm tent cover and extra 12volt sockets x2 on the trailer. The other is the rear door is that to lock it has 2 turn nobs which you have to screw in until tight which I'll be changing that to some sort of hasp and staple, I find the nobs to be a pain in the butt. Got it registered with no drama's ( was a problem with the older range ppl having trouble with the hitch not complying to standard - don't quote me)
    Well that's my view of let me know if you want more info, happy to help.
    GU series 7, 3" lift EFS Elite with Dobinson springs all round, Dual Batt, roof rack with side awning, Safari Snorkel, Scan gauge, TaipanXP 3" SS Vortex Exhaust, Cross Country Intercooler upgrade, Dawes Valve, Stage 2 TaipanXP Chip, Catch Can, blocked EGR.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also for got to mention that a set up dvd comes with the trailer and fire extinguisher needed for registering trailer.
    GU series 7, 3" lift EFS Elite with Dobinson springs all round, Dual Batt, roof rack with side awning, Safari Snorkel, Scan gauge, TaipanXP 3" SS Vortex Exhaust, Cross Country Intercooler upgrade, Dawes Valve, Stage 2 TaipanXP Chip, Catch Can, blocked EGR.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,664 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen give the cheap Chinese stuff a wide birth...

I mean what do you want in a camper?? Drop $50,000+ into a Kimberly and have all the bells and whistles if you like..

IMO one of the best value for money campers is built by a SA company called Spirit Campers.. And my old bought one.
    There frame design threw the roof is brilliant. A billion times better than the cheap Chinese one the inlaws just bought..
    Heavy canvas, wheel and tyre combos to suit your needs and vehicles..
    And can have a fully kitted camper for sub $10,000 on road..
    I'm having trouble finding there website ATM, but there is one of there mid ranged campers on gumtree ATM..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast