Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mysterious water dripping from underneath the vehicle

Hi All!

I had noticed that after driving my patrol around for awhile and parking it, that there seems to be some water that is dripping from underneath the vehicle. I moved the patrol to make sure it was just water, ad not any other car fluid and it was indeed just water and not any oil or whatnot. I just my radiator fluid level for a week and it does not seem to have been diminished in nay way. Someone told me that this was normal and had just come from running the A/C unit for awhile. I just wanted to confirm if this was correct.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If infact the air con had been running then yes, most probably it's the water from the air con. And you say definitely not from radiator.

Like AB asked if I had my air con on when we went wheeling around Toolangi, he noticed a large amount of steaming fluid under the front radiator, he then realised I had a piss.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine drips onto the catalatic converter and then on the floor just under passenger seat if thats the location they its normal depending on how hot the cat is after driving and the ambient temps it may not show up some times

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If water is coming out under l/h side just behind front wheel, it will be A/C, catch some in your hand and if it's cold it's a/c.
    Drive is 04 DX wagon, 165Ks, Dual Batts, 12000kg Warn in steel bar, Snorkel, Xray 220 Hid Spots, Cruise, digital EGT, Draws in back with power box, 40Ltr Waeco for the essentuals

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep mine leaks water from the air con, drips down onto the muffler.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how hard were you driving? was it from the passenger side? and was the misses in passenger seat? did she look pale?