Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interior

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interior

So Scotty and I are getting towards the stage of fixing the interior of the ute and I'm just after some tips on what the easiest, cheapest and best looking alternatives are.
    Our current idea is to just buy some checker plate rubber flooring from clarkies and use that to cover the front half of the floor plan and then basically get some black marine carpet for the rest. Scott came up with a great idea to use some carbon fibre 'stick on stuff' for the pillars.
    Open to any suggestions!
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seats seats seats! Trust me you'll learnt to hate the Patrol seats.

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lil Rig View Post
    Scott came up with a great idea to use some carbon fibre 'stick on stuff' for the pillars.
    Open to any suggestions!
    Cheers
    Nice bit of racing bling
    Are you keeping the original chairs??

Sent via my tapping thumbs

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bung holes in the floor after you " TAR " the floor fit quick release bung holes, best thing ever, trust me
    Even put electronics in tupperware style boxes, to keep dry
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Nice bit of racing bling
    Are you keeping the original chairs??

Sent via my tapping thumbs
    Haha yes I will be. It's got one normal bucket seat and then one two-thirds bench seat thingy. I don't really see any point in purchasing another bucket seat except for being able to have a centre console.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Bung holes in the floor after you " TAR " the floor fit quick release bung holes, best thing ever, trust me
    Even put electronics in tupperware style boxes, to keep dry
    The hung holes are the large rubber inserts in the floor pan right??

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah there are a few smaller ones in there too. I would use vinyl easier to keep clean and you can remove it and hose it off as well. The seats are certainly on the uncomfortable side but I would save up your coin for this and just put a decent recaro or similar bucket seat just in the drivers side, this will be more comfortable and help to keep you in place offroad.

Roll cage?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yeah there are a few smaller ones in there too. I would use vinyl easier to keep clean and you can remove it and hose it off as well. The seats are certainly on the uncomfortable side but I would save up your coin for this and just put a decent recaro or similar bucket seat just in the drivers side, this will be more comfortable and help to keep you in place offroad.

Roll cage?
    I'm not quite sure what three dogs means by replacing the bungholes though... So when you say vinyl you mean similar to the original stuff that was in there?? Any idea where I would be able to get some of that? Is there any reason that vinyl would be better than rubber?

The drivers side already has the bucket seat in it I think, there's just a bench seat in the passenger side but I was thinking of saving up for another bucket seat.

I wasn't really thinking of a roll cage for the moment for the simple reason of cost. Because it'll be more of an on road truck then an off road truck (simply because I barely had the money to fix anything I break) I don't really see the necessity of one yet.

Cheers mate

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah or just use the rubber carpet is a pain to keep clean, smells if it gets wet and holds onto sand like no tomorrow. Trufit carpets do vinyls for them or like I said just use the rubber you have and that will be fine.

Yeah the seats I were talking about are an upgrade and something to save towards. A lot of people especially in utes just change the drivers seat to a better quality unit. Scotty will be able to tell you about recaro seats and their quality.

Yeah fair enough about the roll cage is just genereally easier with the interior out but was just a suggestion. I get a little excited sometimes lol. Are your door trim all still in tact?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yeah or just use the rubber carpet is a pain to keep clean, smells if it gets wet and holds onto sand like no tomorrow. Trufit carpets do vinyls for them or like I said just use the rubber you have and that will be fine.

Yeah the seats I were talking about are an upgrade and something to save towards. A lot of people especially in utes just change the drivers seat to a better quality unit. Scotty will be able to tell you about recaro seats and their quality.

Yeah fair enough about the roll cage is just genereally easier with the interior out but was just a suggestion. I get a little excited sometimes lol. Are your door trim all still in tact?
    Ok fair enough, I didn't think of that. So vinyl or rubber for the flooring and do you reakon using the same stuff for the back and roof of the cabin?

Oh yeah now I see what your saying. Yeahp I think Scott has already said something along those lines. Are these seats expensive? I know it's simply a matter of looking them up on the Internet but do you know a ballpark figure?

Haha yeahp I know what you mean, before we started working on the truck I would just spew out ideas without realizing what actually had to be put in place beforehand, it's been such a big learning curve!
    Well they weren't, but Scotty went out to some wreckers and got two basically new trims. The only thing wrong with either of the doors is that one of the regulators for the window winder is screwed because the previous owners used dog grips as a window winder -.-

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast