Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interior

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depends on what you want it to do. For insulation then the best stuff to use would be the dynamat stuff but this may be expensive. As for the roof the stuff in my GQ is vinyl sort of material. Other than that I wouldnt worry to much, if it you want it to look good that stick on carbo fibre look stuff would look nice. The trim on both the GQ's I have here are only really there for show there is no inuslation on the back wall or roof. There is a grey plastic trim on the back wall so you may be able to source one from the wreckers.

For the seats depending on what you like probaby from $800 and then some of the more expensive ones can get to around the 2k mark.

What you are doing is the best way to learn and by far gives you the best understanding of your vehicle and its workings. You are lucky to have someone like scotty and this forum for your help, I know how good it is to have a dad that can help with this stuff and give you advice as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    part of the job of the floor liner is to keep heat out.

I had an f100 with a bare floor except for the anti rust coating. Hot and noisy, but easy to keep clean and dry.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Depends on what you want it to do. For insulation then the best stuff to use would be the dynamat stuff but this may be expensive. As for the roof the stuff in my GQ is vinyl sort of material. Other than that I wouldnt worry to much, if it you want it to look good that stick on carbo fibre look stuff would look nice. The trim on both the GQ's I have here are only really there for show there is no inuslation on the back wall or roof. There is a grey plastic trim on the back wall so you may be able to source one from the wreckers.

For the seats depending on what you like probaby from $800 and then some of the more expensive ones can get to around the 2k mark.

What you are doing is the best way to learn and by far gives you the best understanding of your vehicle and its workings. You are lucky to have someone like scotty and this forum for your help, I know how good it is to have a dad that can help with this stuff and give you advice as well.
    Yeah I guess at the moment it's my first car and I'm not expecting it to be insulated so I guess either vinyl or rubber would be the way to go. I was just looking at the website you suggested and it looks like I can get the vinyl flooring for around $110-$150 so that pretty good considering its only a little bit more expensive than rubber but is a lot more workable. Ill definitely have to take a trip to the wreckers and have a look for the trim on the back of the cabin so I guess the only thing left is the roof. Ill probably just end up using vinyl for that too haha

Oh wow ok then yeahp that'll definitely involve some saving up before I can even consider buying one of them! Haha but I will be saving up for one for sure!

Absolutely I can't think him nor everyone else that has provided help wether it be physical or knowledge based. It definitely makes this whole process a sh#t load easier!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    part of the job of the floor liner is to keep heat out.

I had an f100 with a bare floor except for the anti rust coating. Hot and noisy, but easy to keep clean and dry.
    That was Scotty's suggestion, just paint the floor and leave it as is due to the simple reason it's easy to keep clean.
    The heat factor is a good point though, so now I'm definitely looking at some sort of flooring!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,664 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a company who do vinyl floors molded to the floor pan on eBay. Very well priced to.

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGQWesty View Post
    There is a company who do vinyl floors molded to the floor pan on eBay. Very well priced to.

Oh yeah? Awesome, what do you type in to find them?

Cheers mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I dont run any sort of floor in my GQ heat isnt to bad but it may be helped by the 2" gap between the body and drivetrain with the body lift. That trufit should do underlays too for a good price I think like 20 odd dollars or something.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lil Rig View Post
    Oh yeah? Awesome, what do you type in to find them?

Cheers mate
    try this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MOULDED-V...-/360303478638

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGQWesty View Post

I have priced through these blokes as well and the price is pretty much the same as trufit. It will just depend who is gonna give you the best service.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yeah I dont run any sort of floor in my GQ heat isnt to bad but it may be helped by the 2" gap between the body and drivetrain with the body lift. That trufit should do underlays too for a good price I think like 20 odd dollars or something.
    Haha yeah I think the body lift may be a contributing factor ill be sure to check that out and give them a ring, thanks for all that Matty truly appreciate it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast