User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal Snorkel mod.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No drama guys I'm far enough away not cause you distraction on the roads lol
    It'll have loads of air stuffed down it when the scoop's on don't you worry.
    I do like being on the fringe, someone has to shake the tree now n then , I continue in a King Canute stylee :-)
    Y60 Patrol 4.2 d SWB in puke green
    2" body lift, 2" pedders suspension lift, 35" Simex muds on excel 16" alloys, needs a turbo :/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to makeitfit For This Useful Post:

snewin (8th October 2012), Stropp (8th October 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGQWesty View Post
    WTF..
    I'm with you on not liking the big long snorkel along the 1/4.. But f**k me you have to be kidding!!! (clearly not..)

I dunno about anyone else but there is so much wrong here.

1 - you cut threw your firewall... Compromised the integrity, and a massive defect..

2 - you ran it inside the cab!!! What happen when the thing back fires?? Or a valve sticks open slightly.. It's a highway to disaster..

And 3 - how the f does that look better than the snorkel along the 1/4????

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...
    This Member is in Wales UK and does not have the same ADR restrictions that we have here nor does he have access to ANY of the after market off the shelf stuff that we have in every shop we go to in Australia. His specialty is Outside the Box.

I agree i am not a big fan and when looking at it i have to say the Turbulence noise through that hose inside the cab will be massive Loud! If you have a Turbo it could be wicked though! If you have a Turbo i soooooo want to here it spool from inside on a Audio track please!!

Interested to see how you finish it off mate.

Cheers MR
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MC97GQ (8th October 2012), rusty_nail (24th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I'm not sure where you are from, but if I did that in Australia I think I would not pass a registration check.

I can see nothing wrong with the normal snorkel fitted on the outside of any 4x4.

In fact diesels are all about getting clean fresh air and plenty if it. I really think you will be restricting the amount of air intake

I hope your going to keep it for a while, because I don't think anyone would ever buy it from you.

'shakey'
    Hey Shakey,

your New here so i will be Nice! Much Nicer than you have been on your 3rd post on the forum!

Feel free to comment on other MEMBERs builds and Mods but post as if they are standing in front of you! cause I am!..

This member is an International Member with very Limited access to Resources. Each to His Own. If you dont like his build move on. If you would like to comment then Keep it Real with some level of Courtesy. Imagine what guys said to Cheezy when he ripped off his front bar and did the first Tube bar on a GQ WTF.

Respect is a Fundamental Value at this Forum! Show some and receive it back, Disrespect will see you Banned and you can go back to Outerlimits where they put up with that!

MudRunnerTD
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (23rd June 2016), MC97GQ (8th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You guys need to chill. If your concerned about legalities of a air intake through the cab call david metcalfe at extreme 4x4 sport and ask him where his went. He had a registered and fully legal and engineered comp truck that as I said legal to drive on road. His snorkel/air intake was a 4" pipe that run through the cab on the passenger side floor and out the back wall of the cab to a snorkel head at the back. I have been in this car while driving on the road and at first didnt know what this pipe was lol. Its a good idea and I think it cleans up the engine bay quite nicely and if this was a roll cage bar then it would run basically in the same spot. Keep up the work mate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I agree i am not a big fan and when looking at it i have to say the Turbulence noise through that hose inside the cab will be massive Loud! If you have a Turbo it could be wicked though! If you have a Turbo i soooooo want to here it spool from inside on a Audio track please!!

Cheers MR
    I have seen this on another forum on a TD42 running in excess of 200hp in a GU. The only difference is I think he has just run it into the cab and it stops where it come through the firewall. The owner reckons it was loud as with the turbo drawing so much air he put a filter on it which apparently quietened it down a bit. MR im pretty sure a member of said forum have a look I think at tye1986 build thread on patrol 4x4.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea not for my gu but if i had a gq sure id cut it up, id love to hear it spool up incab also ! looking forward to seeing the scoop nice work mate good to see someone doing something diffrent.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done this mod on my old Nisaan Terrano, and that was turbo charged. It does make a nice drone in the corner of the truck but not obtrusive at all. Remember the intake will be a scoop on the roof as on Subaru Impreza for example. The silicone pipe , although flexible, it's still pretty hard to bend and relatively smooth inside. The new route in is now nice and smooth compared to the stock Patrol intake box in the wing and then the twists and turns into the filter box. I'll be doing a pressure test when I finish it so I'll be able to give you guys an empirical answer to how much drag there is in the pipe compared to the stock intake
    This is also legal in the UK and listed on my insurance modifications list.
    Thanks for the back up by the way "mods" cheers. No offence taken by the way , I am welsh after all lol
    Y60 Patrol 4.2 d SWB in puke green
    2" body lift, 2" pedders suspension lift, 35" Simex muds on excel 16" alloys, needs a turbo :/

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to makeitfit For This Useful Post:

Bob (8th October 2012), jack (8th October 2012), MC97GQ (8th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, good on ya for trying something a little outside the box. I have an old MQ swb that we were thinking of doing the same to. We were just going to end it with a pod filter inside the glovebox as it's only a toy and not registered. I personally love the look of my custom external stainless steel snorkel. I copied ABs thread here but only made mine 3 inch. I look forward to seeing the roof scoop. Keep up the good work:-)

And don't let being Welsh stop you either! Hahahaha

Tap, crackle, pop
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done on having a go. Each to there own for sure, but I have to agree that it looks awful. Wouldn't work in OZ anyway as my GQ lets all the bull dust into the cabin anyway so still wouldn't get fresh air LOL. What does it sound like? Any roaring from air sucking? Again for OZ (dust) I wouldn't let go of the primary filter for quids.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hes not done yet and it still has a filter so what little dust would be in the cab would still be alot less then stock

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast