Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coleman xtreme coolers

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too can't recommend the techni ice blocks or the esky itself. But I guess I didn't pay for it so it'll do.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    freeze 2 ltr plastic milk containers as they are square,easier to pack square stuff also ,we also freeze ice cream containers ,great for block ice.
    Great way to have cold drinking water all the time too. Leave bung hole open on icebox so water drips out into pot,
    as water hotter than ice, no brainer
    Last edited by threedogs; 5th October 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 12,415 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But when that water comes out you're replacing it with even hotter air. Leave the water in, your ice will last longer!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nah not really bung hole not really open, just allowed to weep. why leave ice in the water it won't re freeze we just let it drip out, hey works for us.
    in us I mean my mates and myself, heaps of theories. we leave my baileys icebox till last day as it holds ice better, and drink from others first.
    Engel is food only. Will find out on fishing trip hey, now you have to come. answer pm now

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only reason I ask about the Coleman as a mate wholesales their stuff and I can get a 55liter xtreme cooler for less than 100 that's all but yeah evakool look good
    GU DX Cab Chassis TD42t non intercooled, 3 inch lift, genuine steel winch bar, 33" Pro Comp All Terrains , 3"turbo back exhaust, Icom IC 400pro UHF, 12inch LED light bar, 42" light bar
    Future mods: Intercooler, more boost, dual batteries, drop links for sway bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    two bags of ice in my dune esky lasts me 5 to 7 days minimum in hot conditions, I keep it under the car and if I can on two blocks of timber to space it off the hot ground, if I buy a gas fridge I''ll be skipping over all the engels and waecos and getting a Dometic/Electrolux, used them a lot and never been disappointed, only think you've gotta keep an eye out for is that it doesn't freeze completely. my two cents
    1990 Ford Maverick, 4.2 Carby, 2" SL, 2" BL, Dual Batts, 33" Maxxis Big Horns

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As long as the coleman is insulated you should be ok, can't complain about the price, may need to leave esky in shade.
    the others spoken about here are expensive, mine cost $395 in 1994, much cheaper now I think. It's all in the insulation
    better that is better it will keep ice, 4x4 AUST mag did a comparo on eskies/ice boxes a while back. like with most other things
    4x4 and camping related, its all about what you can afford at the time. Get the best you can afford, it may have to last you a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12