Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up special thanks!

G'day folks,

I walked into to work today at my local RSL Sub-Branch, like i usually do every Wednesday and Thursdays that's when i am fit for duty. lol Today i was in total shock , when i was ambushed by some of my local members.

Two members presented me with two bottles of scotch (18 year old Glenfiddich single malt and a Jameson 18 Year Old Limited Reserve) I was extremely red faced and embarrassed by the whole experience. Two of my clients bought me the presents for successfully representing their claims at a recent VRB (Veterans' Revive Board) hearing. Both men had served over 20 years service and had suffered multiple injuries over the course of their respected careers.

I love my work as an RSL pensions officer and i have a passion to help those current and ex-service men and women whom have been injured by their service.

PS, thanks both Grahame and Ray for the scotch, as previously advised today, you did not have to do this, i was just glad to be able to help you both!

Regards,

Paul
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

93patrol (4th July 2013), Drew (3rd July 2013), Lonicus (3rd July 2013), NP99 (4th July 2013), outback (5th July 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLI View Post
    G'day folks,

I walked into to work today at my local RSL Sub-Branch, like i usually do every Wednesday and Thursdays that's when i am fit for duty. lol Today i was in total shock , when i was ambushed by some of my local members.

Two members presented me with two bottles of scotch (18 year old Glenfiddich single malt and a Jameson 18 Year Old Limited Reserve) I was extremely red faced and embarrassed by the whole experience. Two of my clients bought me the presents for successfully representing their claims at a recent VRB (Veterans' Revive Board) hearing. Both men had served over 20 years service and had suffered multiple injuries over the course of their respected careers.

I love my work as an RSL pensions officer and i have a passion to help those current and ex-service men and women whom have been injured by their service.

PS, thanks both Grahame and Ray for the scotch, as previously advised today, you did not have to do this, i was just glad to be able to help you both!

Regards,

Paul
    Good on ya Paul!!

It's not like you don't have a metric ton of sh!t in your own life to deal with, and yet you go all out to help others that need it. You deserve every sip out of those bottles mate, and much more.

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app
    2012 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD. Alloy bull bar, HID spotties, Pioneer GPS/CD/DVD head unit, Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust, Autometer Boost and Pyro gauges.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do, kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lonicus For This Useful Post:

PMC (3rd July 2013), Stropp (14th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLI View Post
    G'day folks,

Regards,

Paul
    Well deserved mate, the VRB is no easy task.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

PMC (6th July 2013), Stropp (14th July 2013)

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day folks,

I turned up to our regular monthly RSL meeting to be confronted with the sad news that one of our young Afghanistan war veterans took his life last Tuesday evening.

The young soldier was only 24. He had so much life a head of him, i feel so angry and saddened that i did not see any tell-tale signs over the last 3 months.

The soldier lad only left the army 6 months ago after six years service. Two trips to Afghanistan, one trip to Iraq and two trips to East-Timor. He was a decorated young soldier and it was a privilege to have known the young man in the last 3 months.

I can only imagine how deep the darkness that was terrorising him inside to take his own life. Such a sad waste of a young man. I really feel for his family, friends and his fellow mates in the army.

PS LEST WE FORGET!

Regards,

RLI
    Last edited by PMC; 13th July 2013 at 06:42 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

Stropp (14th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rest in peace digger hope the demons don't chase you there

Guns don't kill people, people with mustachios kill people

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 93patrol For This Useful Post:

PMC (14th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's so sad that in this day and age people still feel so bad they feel the need to end their lives, such a tragedy for everyone. RIP young soldier!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

PMC (14th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sad mate and such a terrible shame.

Saw a quick bit on the news this morning saying that more soldiers in the UK commit suicide than are killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

There obviously needs to be a lot more done for the guys serving than is being done at the moment.
    2012 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD. Alloy bull bar, HID spotties, Pioneer GPS/CD/DVD head unit, Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust, Autometer Boost and Pyro gauges.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do, kill people and damage property.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lonicus For This Useful Post:

PMC (15th July 2013)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hekarewe View Post
    i might as well admit to this as well served in the aust army in early eighties most of it spent at canungra on battle wing
    Bloody mongrel place cold, wet, no troll, instructors giving me the poos, and 4 weeks to go time can't go any quicker.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Timmo For This Useful Post:

PMC (30th July 2013)

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    J O I N T M E D I A R E L E A S E

Coalition response to report on wounded and injured personnel

If elected, the Coalition will work with the Department of Defence and Veterans’ Affairs to provide a formal Government response following the release this week of the report into Care of ADF Personnel Wounded and Injured on Operations.

Shadow Minister for Veterans’ Affairs, Senator the Hon. Michael Ronaldson, and Shadow Minister for Defence Science, Technology and Personnel, Mr Stuart Robert MP, said the Coalition was committed to working through the issues identified and recommendations made in the Parliament’s report.

“The Report of the Defence sub-committee provides the Australian Defence Force and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs with a suite of evidence and recommendations all aimed at improving services for current serving personnel, veterans and their families”, Senator Ronaldson said.

“The Coalition, if elected later this year, will prioritise a formal government response to the recommendations of the report and will work with the serving and ex-serving community to continue to improve services.”

“The Coalition particularly notes observations in the report that a joint Defence-DVA health care network could assist veterans seeking treatment for conditions post-service. That Labor failed to properly investigate this option before letting the Defence Health Contract last year is an opportunity missed, a missed opportunity to provide better care for veterans.”

Mr Robert said the Coalition would work with the Chief of the Defence Force and Service Chiefs to ensure Defence responded quickly to requests for information from DVA to expedite claims processing.

“It is vital that an effective, and efficient, relationship exists between Defence and DVA to prevent unnecessary bureaucratic delay in responding to requests for information needed in compensation claims”, Mr Robert said.

“The Coalition has a proud track record of supporting the ADF, our service men and women and our ex-service men and women. In Government we will continue that tradition and continue to build on existing services for the benefit of serving and ex-serving men and women, and their families.”

Shadow Minister for Veterans’ Affairs | Liberal Senator for Victoria
    Shadow Minister Assisting the Leader of the Opposition on the Centenary of ANZAC
    0418 432 909 |  robert.hardie@aph.gov.au

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

93patrol (30th July 2013), growler2058 (30th July 2013)

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M E D I A R E L E A S E

Saturday, 27 July 2013

Forgotten no more – 60 years on for Korean veterans

The 60th anniversary of the armistice concluding hostilities in the Korean War is an opportunity to reflect on the service and sacrifice of Australians who served in Korea between 1950 and 1953.

Shadow Minister for Veterans’ Affairs, Senator the Hon. Michael Ronaldson, said Korean veterans across Australia would gather to reflect on their service and to remember fallen mates who did not return home.

“Today marks 60 years since the cessation of hostilities on the Korean peninsula between North and South Korea”, Senator Ronaldson said.

“The Korean War raged between 1950 and 1953. Over that three year period, more than 17,000 Australians served in Korea; 340 were killed in action and a further 1,216 wounded.”

“Sixty years on from the conflict, Australian personnel remain missing in action on the Korean peninsula, their precise location known unto God. Research continues in Australia and across the globe to identify and, where possible, repatriate missing service personnel.”

“The Korean War, the first major global conflict after the catastrophe of World War Two, has all too often been overlooked for its significance, not just for Australia, but for the world more generally. It was a fight between totalitarianism and freedom, a fight which remains unresolved to this day.”

Senator Ronaldson said he would join with Korean veterans in Canberra today at the National Korean War Memorial where he would pay his respects to the memory of the fallen and those who returned home.

“Later this morning I will lay a wreath on behalf of the Leader of the Opposition, the Hon Tony Abbott MHR, and my parliamentary colleagues to commemorate and acknowledge this important anniversary.”

“This is a time for solemn contemplation of the sacrifice of war and to remember the service of thousands of Australians who served their nation with pride during the Korean War.”

Shadow Minister for Veterans’ Affairs | Liberal Senator for Victoria
    Shadow Minister Assisting the Leader of the Opposition on the Centenary of ANZAC
    0418 432 909 |  robert.hardie@aph.gov.au

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

93patrol (30th July 2013), growler2058 (30th July 2013)

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast