Thread: GPS version of maps, Eclipse avn827ga, GU8

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GPS version of maps, Eclipse avn827ga, GU8

Hi Guys, not sure if this goes here or Auto Elec...

I brought a new GU8 patrol and it came with an Eclipse avn827ga

Checked the maps and its got 2010 maps......um its a 2012 car!!!

Its $120US to upgrade to 2012 maps.

If you buy from Eclipse direct you get 3yrs, free upgrades..Factory delivered you don't.

Just wondering if anyone else has a GU8, can you check to see what version maps you have.
    I'm gonna see the dealer about this soon.

Also I didn't get the cable harness to connect a Subwoofer.

Here are the steps to check the map version on AVN827GA

Select Menu screen, then select the following function
    1. More…
    2. Helps
    3. About
    4. Content
    5. Maps (First row info)

Cheers,
    Scott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey schanmala,

Just went and checked mine and it's also the 2010 version. Had my suspicions it wasn't up to date when I couldn't an address that was two years old.
    Let me know how you go with the dealer, maybe tell them it's being discussed on the forum. I didn't even know about the cable harness to connect a Subwoofer. For the price we pay you'd expect to get the free updates.

Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi schanmala,

I will alco check mine. Also the retail avn827ga comes with sterrig control for phone pick/hangup however nissan do not provide it in the OEM version even thhough the device supports it. Also the device supports AUX IN and the direct from Eclipse version comes with it, however nissan remove that cable as well.
    2012 GU Patrol Simpson Edition. Auto. UHF, Bull Bar, 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils. 3" stainless Steel Exhaust.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can usually tell when it tells you 2nd exit on roundabout, now its a major intersection with lights,,,,,,2 years later
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email below that I sent to Nissan today, will let you know of outcome. I also rang Nissan Australia who said that they were currently following this issue up with Eclipse but no expected resolution was forthcoming and I was told to take my issue up with the Dealership.

I am writing to seek resolution on my June 2012 purchase of a Nissan Patrol 50th Anniversary Edition which included Eclipse AVN827GA Sat Nav system, purchased from Lander Nissan in Blacktown NSW. I have recently become aware that the system software is dated 2010, although the purchase of the product was in June 2012.

Upon purchasing the said vehicle, the expectation from us – the buyer - was that the Sat Nav maps would be current to the year the item was purchased. Upon sale and delivery of the vehicle this point was not made clear, and in doing so I feel that I have been misled; the point I am trying to make is that I was misinformed at point of sale and the item is not fit for the purpose for navigating through Sydney safely due to the outdated maps.

Request Nissan Australia provide an updated 2012 version of maps suitable for the Eclipse AVN827GA Sat Nav System – approx cost is USD120.00 from Eclipse.

Also request a reply to this email No Later Than midday 12:00 hrs 21 Dec 2012.

Thanking you for your assistance and timely response.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers for the info I will chase them up as well
    GU8 Simpson Pack-Auto 2" lift, Dual Batts

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the response I received from the Nissan dealership in Blacktown Sydney;
    "Thank you for your email regarding the satnav map dates on your 50th anniversary patrol. As you are aware the vehicle you purchased was sourced direct through Nissan Australia and the satnav was part of the promotion at the time. I have spoken to Nissan Australia regarding your concern and they have informed me that the navigation unit and maps were current at the time of purchase. If you have any other concerns regarding this please contact Nissan Australia customer support line on 1800 035 035 as the vehicle was supplied to us with the most current maps available at the time."

Getting a bit of a runaround so I have lodged an enquiry with Consumer Affairs NSW to see if it can be taken further. Will let you know outcome.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmo View Post
    This is the response I received from the Nissan dealership in Blacktown Sydney;
    "Thank you for your email regarding the satnav map dates on your 50th anniversary patrol. As you are aware the vehicle you purchased was sourced direct through Nissan Australia and the satnav was part of the promotion at the time. I have spoken to Nissan Australia regarding your concern and they have informed me that the navigation unit and maps were current at the time of purchase. If you have any other concerns regarding this please contact Nissan Australia customer support line on 1800 035 035 as the vehicle was supplied to us with the most current maps available at the time."

Getting a bit of a runaround so I have lodged an enquiry with Consumer Affairs NSW to see if it can be taken further. Will let you know outcome.
    Hi mate - thanks for the info. Something you should do too is jump on over the the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. Just something the forum encourages all new members to do so we can get to know a bit about you and your ride, etc. Welcome to the forum mate.

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Symmo,

Welcome to the forum, as another 50th Anniversary owner I'm following this thread with interest.

Cheers

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Followed up with my sales guy at Nissan.

Still following up.

I'm waiting patiently
    Patrol GU8, Manual, snorkel, steel bull bar, Simpson Ed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast