Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 33 or 35 Inch Wheels on me GU

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had kuhmo 33's A/T's fitted this morning. Go 35's..
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Like what G-Unit mentioned, it does depend on what your vehicle is used for.

If It's your everyday car than yes, 35's will be a waste but if its your weekender 4x4 than you can get away with it.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this in the last few years but a lot of people are on 35's and 37's.

I went to some old tracks out Toolangi way a while back and my 33's just wern't cutting it.

A lot of the tracks were bogged out with 37" tyres from the locals and it made that day a nightmare.

In fact i spent all day bypassing favourite spots and winching out like a mad man.

The next question is, do i keep up with the pace and get 37's so i can access these tracks?

What happens next, does everyone upgrade again until the tracks are inaccessible...haha
    I was trail bike riding in Toolangi a couple of years ago, just near Marginal Track, and the rocky stairs. Along came a group of guys in borderline comp cars and proceeded to chew up evry mud hole they could find with 35's and 37's. makes it hard for the average owner to enjoy the area, so much so that if continues too much, They will just close the roads of to emergency services only, grade the roads, and you and I won't be gettin back in there again.
    If evryone had 33's it would maybe be a challenge, but still be passable, and enjoyable.
    I have 33's and not found anywhere I can't go !
    02 GU Wag, 6.5 ltr Chev Diesel, 33's, 12000 lb winch, and other stuff, but who's got time to list it when you could be out drivin it ?
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...hp?albumid=119 or http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m585/Chev_oiler/ Has video

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 33s on with a two inch lift and i out drove all other 4x4s on the week end, some with 35s.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J B View Post
    I have 33s on with a two inch lift and i out drove all other 4x4s on the week end, some with 35s.
    g'day JB welcome to the forum mate, would you mind chucking up an intro in the Introduction section, tell us a bit about yourself and your rig? Just gets everyone onside mate..... Cheers Adrian

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J B View Post
    That's because you probably know how to drive properly mate!! Amazing what a difference it makes when you know where to point the vehicle - top stuff!!

As per the last post, throw up an intro in the introductions section mate and let us know a little about yourself and the rig - welcome aboard!!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been having that same problem deciding between 33 and 35 , sure 35's would look tuff and my truck would wear them with no prob's (5"lift), thing is they will not get me, my family and my boat any further than 33's, they will not increase clearance more than the width of an average carpenters thumb, the extra cost will cover that new compound bow I've been looking at plus I can afford 6 of them not 5!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Agree with the posts above.

I have 35's on my patrol. I love them, but they are wasted being on the road as much as mine are. I'm just too lazy to change them.. but also, my other set are 31" tyres and they are pretty rooted. One day i'd like to save the money to buy a good set of 33's.
    Unless you're doing really hardcore tracks or competitions of some kind, 33's are all that you need. There have been instances where guys with 33" tyres have out driven guys with 35's purely based on skill. So in other words.. 35" tyres won't make you drive tracks any better or get you further. Hope this helps.

ps: my 35's throw my speedo out around 7-10/kmh.. so if the speed limit is 60, i usually do 50 on the speedo.
    The best bushes are genuine bushes..
    That's for all joints..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bringing up some oldies lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too we're thinking of new rubber, 33 it is but wat width r legal? And wat offset with out scrubbing with a 2 - 3 inch lift

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    DONT FORCE IT! ......Get a bigger hammer

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    Bringing up some oldies lol
    Bloody tappa crappa. Noticed it was cross posting again the other day when quoting.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234