Thread: OBD2 Ipad / Android tools??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OBD2 Ipad / Android tools??

stumbled across several OBD2 Iphone /Android set ups on fleabay during the night and wondering if anyone has used them before and any thoughts on what they are like?
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Link? not sure what OBD2 is??? Not my strong suit
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played with a Bluetooth obd2 until a while ago on android. Couldn't get it working on iPhone for some reason.

Good for temporary looking at something or fault finding. I wouldn't use as a permanent solution or something to replace a scanguage or similar.

Maybe if you had a mount for the iphone/ android device, for long trips it would be alright.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Teno's Troll...
    08 CRD ST. 2" lift, 33' Maxis Bighorns, Snorkel, ARB Deluxe Bar with Foggies, 12000lbs Avenger Mako TDS with Synthetic rope.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Link? not sure what OBD2 is??? Not my strong suit
    On board diagnostics tool
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey OD, If you're looking at these for your 4.8 then I think you'll find they wont work. At best they will read codes. I tried a fellow clubbies Bluetooth/Android setup on my 4.8 and all it could do was read the codes (of which there weren't any at the time). The 4.8's have a funny setup from what I've read, in that they have an OBDII 16-pin connector but the protocol is Consult II. The best thing available at present is Nissan Datascan II siftware with a Blatz cable. See the info here Nissan Datascan II

It will only work on Windows though.

It wasn't until I saw this post that it reminded me that I haven't tried mine out yet, so cheers.

Cheers,
    Darren

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate

Have moved your thread to under Mechanical - Auto Electrical - On-Board Diagnostics.

I'm slowly trying to work out what Nissan Patrols use as their diagnostics protocol, as Darren said you will probable find it is an ODBII plug but it still uses the Nissan Consult II protocol, so anything that you see advertised for ODBII will not work.

I would stick to the Nissan Data Scan II software and cable, but unfortunately they are not currently supporting Android / Iphone / Ipad....

If you do decide to purchase software and cable I would really recommend emailing the company before buying and making sure your patrol is supported.

Cheers

Toddie
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OD, do you have links you can post up of the ones you were looking at on Fleabay???
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the info guys, soon as i get on the pc will find the links and post them

Tap, Tap Taparoo

www.swat4x4.com