OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reverse camera position. GU Patrol...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squalo,

How does it go through the glass as the rear windows get dirty at the drop of a hat......

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    putting to far centre will more then likely pick up a blind spot from the spare also

4. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

PMC (24th August 2013)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I placed mine just above the roof gutter with a plumbing elbow over it to protect it. its in the center so it gives a good view and looks good with the cover over it. it ment drilling a hole in the roof for the wires to go but im happy with that. its a neat patrol but if ya cant drill and cut things on it, ya not gunna go bashing through the bush in it are ya? and whats the point in having a 4x4 if ya too scared to get a few scratches on it? lol. but it give a great view and its outa the way up there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bad055 For This Useful Post:

PMC (24th August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted mine on the small door in the cavity to the drivers side of the handle ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352341023.552237.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352341076.376733.jpg its good enough to see whats behind plus you can just about see everything on ur drivers side and i didn't have to drill anything just have to cut and glue the grommet for the number plate looms

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alitis007 For This Useful Post:

beaST_01-dell (28th August 2013), PMC (24th August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @ alitis ,Yo bud how have you found your reverse camera and how have you wired it.
    got all these different style cameras but having trouble figuring out where to mount it.
    I think Ive found a good spot , but suppose just need someone else who has a camera in the same position.
    I'll hold off till you're over next and see what you think. in the meantime I'll mount front camera and LED pencil bar.

What about fixing it to the rear plastic wind deflector on the roof perfect position IMO
    Last edited by threedogs; 23rd August 2013 at 02:17 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same place mine is alitis, good spot for hitching a trailer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

PMC (24th August 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with TD
    ------------
    2008 GU 3.0 CRD Auto - Life's too short to eat bad food.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    @ alitis ,Yo bud how have you found your reverse camera and how have you wired it.
    got all these different style cameras but having trouble figuring out where to mount it.
    I think Ive found a good spot , but suppose just need someone else who has a camera in the same position.
    I'll hold off till you're over next and see what you think. in the meantime I'll mount front camera and LED pencil bar.
    I wired it to the head unit mate and picked up the reverse wire from the kick panel so soon as i put it in reverse the screen instantly shows whats behind. I like it there coz i can see between my tail lights what i can see with the mirrors like everyone has said for hitching up the trailer but also for parking.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alitis007 For This Useful Post:

PMC (24th August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @ cuppa you were right out of the three cameras I've got two are infra red and very good quality the third is just a 130 deg pin hole camera which is now in the bin very grainy indeed .

Now I've found a spot to mount it but its on the middle of the rear step just above the towbar, is this no good cause it'll get dirty all the time.. Also seems most have wired these direct
    as in if required you just flick a toggle switch. It appears I'll have to use the head unit as not really anywhere to put a 3.5 in screen. Its doing my head in as I cant see how by selecting reverse
    if that's my power source the screen will come on, might need to take some meds and go to a happy place for a while, tap tap tap it in, oh happy place lol
    Hitching my camper is no drama as trailer is same width as patrol , just line up evenly with mirrors and reverse slowly till I'm there.

just reading all this again and no one is really happy where the camera is, seems up high and central is the go.
    Last edited by threedogs; 23rd August 2013 at 02:24 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were you I'd consider placing the camera up high so you can see over the trailer, otherwise it will be pretty useless when reversing with the trailer on. I suppose it depends on why you want a reversing camera. If primarily for use without the trailer as an aid to seeing little kiddies, puppies & tree stumps low is ok.

I think there is usually a connection to the reversing light (terminal on gearbox) to trigger the camera's on switch with power supply from elsewhere. Multi core cable with din plugs usually supplies power to both camera & monitor in my experience.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

PMC (24th August 2013)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast