Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
The last time I went camping in Yarrawonga I caught an 80cm Murray cod from Lake Mulwala and brought it back to camp still alive in the bait tank. I tethered it with about ten metres of line and let it swimming freely to keep it fresh for dinner that night.
Most of our camp crew girls were going into to town, so I took some of the boys up river for a fish for yellow bellys bug didn't get any. We got back before dusk and I see my Cod floating near the bank with a small log next to it. I screamed "WHO THE F**K DID THIS" so loud the whole camp site heard. Some guy came down from the top of the camp site being really apologetic. He told me that he seen his young boys playing near the waters edge for ages and wondered what was so fascinating when he saw the bludgeoned fish on the bank.
I was so cut but really couldn't do nothing about it. Both kids came down to say sorry and their dad gave me two full 9kg gas bottles. I was pretty happy with the gesture, but still cut about the cod as most of our camping group had never tasted Murray cod and were all looking forward to it. No more legal cod caught for the rest of that trip.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

That is a real shame - Murray Cod isn't that easy to catch. I would have been upset too.

Mic