User Tag List

Thread: tunit chip settings

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tunit chip settings

hi guys i have a gu3 3l td and have installed a tunit chip i bought off a forum . it has definatly improved the performance but i was wondering what the chip should be set at. it is currently set at number 4 . the bloke i bought the chip from had it set at four but he had it in a gu 2 with no mods. I have done egr block mod dawes valve . is this the right setting on the chip for my car. cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stokezi, I just had a Tunit Chip fitted on my GU111 yesterday. the installer suggested #5 is standarded for the GU ZD30 engine, but at the same time he said you can go up a little to 6 or7 if towing or out on some steep rough tracks or down a little 3 or 4 for general day to day use, to improve fuel economy.
    Its up to yoursellf,

Hope that was some help for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by knakkers; 26th September 2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Now Divorced I can do what i like when i like. How good is life now
    02 GU111 Patrol 3.0TD Man, Chipped, Redback 2.5" Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, OME 2'' Lift, ARB W/Bar, Tigerz11 12000Lb Winch & R/Rack, IPF Lights, Cooper S/T Maxx 33's, Dual battery system, Uniden UHF, ARB fridge/freezer on ARB Slider, & heaps more

4. The Following User Says Thank You to knakkers For This Useful Post:

Stokezi (7th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have a chip in my truck yet, but have seen them installed in others. From what has been explained to me by a friend who sells them #5 is pretty std with maybe a small tweak. If you have guages installed and are confident, play around and try all the settings. Any good reseller should also be able to re-tune the chip on a laptop with advice from the supplier (who im assuming would have tested the chip on the motor and should know its limits) and completly change the settings. My freind has done this on his cruiser and his factoy #9 setting is about his new #3setting, so it now has enogh power keep up with me.....lol
    2005 GU 3.0L ST
    Cooper tyres, Alloy B'Bar, Safari Snorkel, 3" Exhaust, Rhino Racks, Dual Batt, NADS
    and a very big wishlist in the glove box...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to satyx For This Useful Post:

Stokezi (7th April 2013)