Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Black rims

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    And just to throw more fat on the fire (& thinking aloud in case anyone should think I'm trying to contradict what they've already told me - I'm not, just trying to process 'new info') ...... a couple of the wheel places I've rung today have informed me that the stock Patrol 16x8 offset is Pos 10mm (as others here have said) & that to run 265's I should get a zero offset wheel, not a neg 13mm. I wish I didn't keep getting conflicting bloody info! I've had enough of it, & know that neg 13 will do the job 'cos I've seen 'em on Maccas truck, besides if they stick out a tad more than they really need to so what, doesn't really matter does it? Neg 13mm moves the wheel 23mm 'outward' rather than the 10mm 'outward' a zero offset would achieve. 10mm seems a bit too close If I went with zero & got rims & they rubbed I'd then be up for getting them machined & rewelded plus repainted which would not make me a happy chappy whereas having a little extra space between my tyres & the chassis does no harm.

SO....... George can the place you got quoted on the ROH's supply tyres too, & if so could they price a package deal on rims plus 265/75LT Bridgestone D697's (fitted & balanced if possible) or do you think i'd be better getting them fitted locally in case I get any post fitting 'wobble' problems?

Cuppa
    hi cuppa i measured my standard 16 x 8 gu rims today and i got positive 20mm
    01 gu td4.2t wagon factory turbo 2" lift, 3" exhaust,snorkel,awning,uhf,egt & boost gauges,16"black round hole dynamic rims with 285 bighorns with more to come, ,air compressor,rear led work lights,winch, ready to fit up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benno77gu View Post
    hi cuppa i measured my standard 16 x 8 gu rims today and i got positive 20mm
    Hmmmm? i think that is not right mate, Positive 10 is factory offset.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hmmmm? i think that is not right mate, Positive 10 is factory offset.
    maybe measured wrong, straight edge across the rim front measured to the hub face and done the same at the back and got 20mm difference
    01 gu td4.2t wagon factory turbo 2" lift, 3" exhaust,snorkel,awning,uhf,egt & boost gauges,16"black round hole dynamic rims with 285 bighorns with more to come, ,air compressor,rear led work lights,winch, ready to fit up

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that would mean a pos 10 offset.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Yeah, that would mean a pos 10 offset.
    confused how is so ?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are taking 10mm from one side and adding it to the other.... sorta hard to explain with words.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The measurement should to the same face of the rim. From the front you have to measure through the centre hole to the mounting face.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just found this old thread by MudrunnerTD might help with a few of the questions on measuring offset

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ead.php?t=6427

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    The measurement should to the same face of the rim. From the front you have to measure through the centre hole to the mounting face.
    did that ended up with 20mm difference

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benno77gu View Post
    did that ended up with 20mm difference
    Mate i measured my 16x8's on saturday and they are pos10, from the center 10mm forward.

Best and easiest way is from the back mark center (4" or 100mm) then with a flat edge on the back of the hub measure that to your center line and bobs your aunty. Not really rocket science lol

Anyway who wants wheels?? At this stage Cuppa and i are going to go with the ROH's but i'm waiting on an e mail from another supplier...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast