Thread: GT Radial Adventuro AT3 Tyres

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GT Radial Adventuro AT3 Tyres

April last year I bought a set of GT Radial Adventuro AT3 tyres. These are light truck tyres, they aren't that cheap (I think they were about $265 per tyre) but the tyre shop said they were great. The first time I went 4WDing they got large cracks (about five per side of each tyre) running vertically from the tread to the centre of the tyre. These cracks aren't chips or gouges from damage (e.g. rocks or sticks) they seem to be like fatigue cracks. I typically drop tyre pressure to 24psi, the tyre shop told me I shouldn't drop them below 30psi. I have now been 4WDing with them three or four times, nothing difficult or anything like that and the last time I went out I got two flats with damage to the sidewall. They have been good on the road, with good grip and excellent wet weather traction but they are virtually new and I am throwing them out. If anyone is considering GT Radials I would recommend you look elsewhere.

I'm going in tomorrow to blow $1,500 on a set of BFG KM2
    WARNING: Using a Tow Ball on any Snatch can KILL PEOPLE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JME_GU For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (12th January 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ask fr warranty on them if they have failed due to manufacture fault. which is what is sounds like. They are a 4wd Tyre, you are not obligated to leave them over 30psi! thats Pointless! Go back and ask for a Warranty or a Trade in. You fitted them on his advice.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (13th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Ask fr warranty on them if they have failed due to manufacture fault. which is what is sounds like. They are a 4wd Tyre, you are not obligated to leave them over 30psi! thats Pointless! Go back and ask for a Warranty or a Trade in. You fitted them on his advice.
    For what it's worth , I've been reading up on tyre warranty, as i will be in the market soon , good luck with making any claim on any brand , here is the warranty for gt , last paragraph , basically says don't drive !

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    If ya not using it buy a prius .....

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Tyre shop I bought them from said sidewall damage is not covered by warranty regardless of how it happened.

The good news is that I have just picked up the Patrol with a brand new set of BFG KM2s and they are awesome. They are actually more quiet than most ATs I have had, and they even seem to handle pretty well on the tarmac
    WARNING: Using a Tow Ball on any Snatch can KILL PEOPLE!