Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Trip to Qld

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I remember going that way as a kid with my old man.
    We normally fly up but I really want to take the boat but I don't think the Missus wants to drive.
    I am a terrible long distance driver, 3 hours to Yarrawonga and my eyes are already shutting down.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quickest way is probably up the Newell Highway through West Wyalong, Dubbo, Narrabri, onto Goondiwindi then go via Pittsworth and Toowoomba. From there you can choose to go into Brisbane then up to Noosa or cut across from Toowoomba to the coast through Kilcoy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly, fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,,f ly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,
    boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,
    save a heap on time, money and accomodation and the wife is happy
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go up in land and back the coast, the pacific hwy is boring as already stated but south of sydney is ok. If you have the boat in tow I would definatly be stopping frequently south of sydney. great fishing. I grew up on the coast east of nowra. plenty of nice places to stay and fish.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up the Newell Highway there are quite some large towns that you can stay over for the Night and split the trip over 2/3 Days. Easy comfortable Driving. Good Road the last trip I made

a member of the menagerie MC97GQ's Avatar
    Nimmitabel in the deep, deep south of NSW
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    I would go up in land and back the coast, the pacific hwy is boring as already stated but south of sydney is ok. If you have the boat in tow I would definatly be stopping frequently south of sydney. great fishing. I grew up on the coast east of nowra. plenty of nice places to stay and fish.
    Agree 100% with Ben, Once you get down my way the Coast is Fantastic, Bermagui, Tathra, Pambula then further south to Eden and Mallacoota. Great places to throw a boat in or even just to visit. Not totally spoiled yet.

Mark
    Proud former owner of a 1997 White GQ TD42 Patrol Cab Chassis with an after market turbo, now with over half a million k's and still going strong, that's had a heart transplant and now not owned by me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't care how you travel, and what route you take ... just be safe and be sure to call in on me for a few beers!!! lol

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are one or two tinny hire places on the Noosa. I've never checked them out.

There is info in the back of either or both of Queensland Fishing Monthly, or Bush 'n Beach from charter operators advertising their services. It has been a while since I looked, but often the regional report comes from a charter operator.

Are you interested in freshwater impoundments? Glen Lyon Dam, 70 ks West of Tenterfield is pretty big with plenty of options, and the Dare's run a great caravan park.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    there are one or two tinny hire places on the Noosa. I've never checked them out.
    You can come to my place for a few "free" tinnies ...

Ohhhhh ... I see .... Boats!! Right, with you now ... lmao

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be hiring that more important kind of tinny if the Feds follow SA with a container recycling scheme :-)
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast