Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H233 Diff, any thing else besides the GQ\U

G'ay all

I've hit a bit of a wall, so i'm needing some help

Did the h233 Diff from the Patrol ever get relesed in any other Car\4WD\Truck?

The reson i ask is there realy is'nt much you can do to get better Grearing, and it is fairly hard\expensive to get it built stronger than it is, so i'm hoping somthing like the US has a 4WD with this diff.

Even a truck would help, as they will be built strong.

Before i get told about reduction gears, Caloffroad CVs, and how strong the diff is in general, i know about and have all that, but i'm thinking about getting a set of Built d60's, but IF i can get the gearing i want i will stay Nissan

Thank's
    Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    H233b rear diff was also used in the back of some Navara's, Pathfinder/Terrano's, but that won't help you much.
    For a stronger rear diff you can use the H260 found in the back of manual GU wagons that were fitted behind 3lt, 4.5lt or 4.8lt engines.
    GU front diffs had bigger stronger CV joints than the GQ equivalents. This is the same diff used by most outback challenge competitors and easily withstands the punishment dished out by 600 HP engines.
    I don't think strength will be your issue, GU front and H260 rear will easily handle anything an RB30ET or VQ30DET can throw at them, gearing will be the issue. What gearing do you want?

Tony
    Last edited by YNOT; 30th October 2010 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank's Tony

I have thought of the H260 rear, but the pumpkin is too big for what i want, i don't like the chances of the Nissan Drivline copping with 40"+ tyres, and a fairly heavy 4WD.

I was hoping that the US market had some good upgraded parts available, but so far i can't find too much

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the benefit of those who think Mav is psychic, I suggested fitting H260 rear diff, but then managed to delete my post while editing it.

Mav, will D60 diff be any smaller than H260?

Tony

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Tony

Yeah i think with the After market stuff comming from the US, it should be, and it will be a High pinion straight away.

Mainly it's for the shear strength of them, and if i do sothing silliy like end up putting rear steer on this thing

It's not something that is getting orderd next week, more looking at options for mid next year