OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Vibrations after 3 inch lift kit.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vibrations after 3 inch lift kit.

I just mentioned this in my intro but I'll post it in the right category.

I've recently put a 3 inch lift kit into my 89 GQ SWB and been noticing some vibrations when driving around.

I heard off someone you need to get spacers and adjustable arms for different sections but ill be honest it was late in the night and i wasn't paying attention to what this guy said and now im lost....lol

Has anyone experienced this when they lifted and what did they do to overcome it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the shorties are known for this to happen.

There's a couple of things you can do. You can buy a spacer for the transfer/gear box which drops it down lower and lessens the angle that the tail shafts are on. They are just a simple flat spacer, about 20mm i think? but there is something else you can try first.
    I'm not an expert on this (or on anything haha), but you can fit a caster adjust kit which should help. I think they fit them to the front control arm.

Lastly, a simple wheel alignment should help too. I've read that quite a few people's wheel alignment have been out of whack after the lift. Might pay to check that out and re-balance your wheels too.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply G-Unit, I did hear this was a common problem with Shortys.

The wheel alignment is a good idea, it does sway to the left a bit after the lift so ill see how I go...Thanks

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep what G-Unit said x2.... go the gearbox spacers first as thay are the cheapest. & yes you are correct thay do fit adjustable rear control arms to combat this problem as well but thay are pricey so go the cheapest option first. With a 3" you should get away with it.