Thread: GU (TD42) NA injector pump vs turbo injector pump

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU (TD42) NA injector pump vs turbo injector pump

I have a NA GU model Patrol with aftermarket Turbo kit....i have been offered at good price a brandnew turbo GU injector pump (zexel brand), it was for a auto td42 turbo motor with tps and boost compensator fitted. is there any major difference between the NA and turbo pump? Plunger size...etc. will it be a worthy upgrade? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really depends what he wants for it? Also what year your car is and what year the pump suit. I would have thought puttin a kit and upgrade to your pump is where it's at though bud
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my patrol is 1999 (NA Pump) and the pump I am keen on buying iam not sure what year it is. its for 2000/01 model TD42 auto gu nissan safari i guess. but its a turbo pump

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To answer your question, GQ and early GU pumps all had 10mm head and rotors. These made most of n/a td42's have 50-60rwkw, with a maximum power output if turbo'd up to 85-90rwkw. The gu pump just had a boost compensator fitted. Later on the Gu pump went to 11mm h&r, then had a timing control valve fitted to give more precise injection advance. This give s the potential of 130rwkw if you supply enough air.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...233a3&start=15

I got this from there. Which is what I thought.

MR he is getting the larger newer at a very good price, it will be more expensive for him to mod his current pump to end up with the same thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...233a3&start=15

I got this from there. Which is what I thought.

MR he is getting the larger newer at a very good price, it will be more expensive for him to mod his current pump to end up with the same thing.

Interesting read, thanks for that i never go to that forum for anything so good to get a lead in. He is probably going to struggle to get his pump modded up 9n Fiji also? and would have to send it off shore to get it sorted so if the newer pump is available then it seems like it'd be the go.

Whats a pump worth in Fiji? Whats a GU TD42T worth in Fiji?? many about? are they all ex Govt cars?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting the New turbo pump at FJD1000 which is abt Aud550, infact the owner bought it thinking it was the pump and the problem was something else so he is selling for a big loss. normally people here service the pumps with new seals and all so. you can get a Jap import TD42T motor here for abt FJD6500 (AUD3300) which is very cheap, i have seen same sold in Australia for abt AUD9k which is very expensive. GU Patrols NA models go for around 15-30k depending on year, kms, and condition. TD42T Patrol GU's people dont usually wana sell them here, can get automatic Nissan Safari's (GU) for abt 20-25k with TD42T but they seem to have issue with gearbox / TPS etc....There are many patrols in Fiji, private owners and many ex- FEA units (Electricity suppliers), also many ex-UNDP patrols here. I guess i will buy the turbo pump and send my GU NA pump to Australia to be listed on ebay for abt AUD650....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aben Dean For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (27th August 2012)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so is there any major difference between these two pumps apart from the boost compensator??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By what I have found the turbo pump has the larger plunger in it while the NA ones still only had the smaller version.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Am new hear . Can someone please tell me if I can put 2006 td42t injector pump and injectors in my 1997 td42 with after market turbo and intercooler running 10pound boost I have someone give them to me . and I would like some advice . Thanks