Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Overheating 2010 GU Patrol

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Goat hope your health is ok, as for your Patrol seems a common thing on some models ,
    All I would suggest is fit an EGT Gauge and block your EGR off completely.And yes I got a startle
    seeing this thread again, great to hear Nissan are doing the right this time. Your motor will be better off with the EGR block.
    And hope you're up and at them soon ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cheers TD
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Steve4wdin (7th January 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly I had(?) the same issue, I bought a (company) used Patrol a couple of weeks ago and went on an unexpected trip uphill. The engine started to heat up (boiling). I am gald that I went on that trip which triggered the overheating issue.

I came back and read this thread and call back the dealer (as it is still under 3 month statutory warranty) and told the issue and asked him to clean the radiator too. The dealer without any hesitation cleaned the radiator and told me that this is a common thing with Nissan (Patrols?), he said it is crystalization of the coolant.

I am yet to test the patrol after the cleanup. Hope everything's alright now!

Cheers

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, just letting you know for the sake of this thread that the same thing happened with my 2010 patrol, had a radiator flush and fixed it but Nissan wouldn't take ownership of the problem, they said that even though it was still in warranty at the time, the previous owner had it serviced by a mechanic not affiliated with Nissan and because the coolant wasn't Nissan coolant it voided the warranty, meaning we were out of pocket $650! I honestly believe something happened on the factory line with this model. All fine ever since.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holly crap batman,I'm glad to hear all's well that ends well.
    reading the whole ordeal, was wondering what it all did longevity wise to engine.
    Your still going so that's great news.
    threads old, but trying to get head around what actually caused the problem.

These car are made in Japan Correct!.
    Run and tested and good to go before leavening Japan correct!.

Before leaving Japan do they drain all fluids to lighten the load for shipping??.
    Would give a good amount of time for crap to develop a peel off within the block ready to block the radiator when it's next filled up with fresh fluids.
    Suggest the system was never flushed when it landed in Aus.
    And your system partially blocked from day 1 here.

And or when turbo was done cooling system dried out and the crap peeled off then and problem started OR multiplied then.
    Crap going to the radiator to block it up.

Humm
    Recently removed TB42 from Mav and replaced cracked head.
    with in a week that much crap had dried and peeled off the bottom of cooling area in block, that I rolled engine on stand and blew compressed air for the next 10 min's to remove as much crap as I could before reassembly .
    Was very amazed how much rubbish feel on the floor, given had looked after the engine maintance wise flushing etc.
    Anyway Cheers.
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think you'll find Robbo along the line some how coolants are mixed which in turn , turns the coolant into Gel
    Stop dragging up this thread its going to give me Heart failure

8. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Robo (27th January 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2012 wagon with the same issues. Turn out the radiator was full of casting sand. The dealer tells me that this is a common issue and would only show up when towing or full load up hill.

Lucky for me they replaced yonder warranty with a thermostat and viscous hub

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martyc For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (2nd November 2014), threedogs (2nd November 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry threedogs but dragging this one up for you.

2013 GU just over 63,000km. Started seeing low to mid 90 degrees WT onthe scangauge. Drove to Brissy last week about 60km on flat highway, not towing, and WT got to 103 degrees. Nissan removed radiator, flushed etc and 50% blocked due to 'gumming' of coolant etc. They said they had seen this before. I asked when do they flush/replace coolant he said not until 80k service. So anyone with late model buy yourself a scangauge as without it you may be getting high temps without knowing. At worst get a full flush on your next service if not already done.

Nissan also said there was some mud buildup behind the radiator but either way the radiator was slowly blocking up internally.

Cheers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hempo For This Useful Post:

Hodge (6th July 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good post hemp. I always keep an eye on my scangauge rather than the dash needle. Just curious what yours are at normally ? My 2009 is about to hit 65k, I know there is some mud buildup behind radiator, and mine usually sits on 87C, 86C when really cold and car is warmed up. Hits 88 when I push it, and sometimes 89-91 when it's really pushed.
    2005 TD42TI

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Hodge, my temps are exactly the same as you mentioned. normal driving around 87, up the range going home maybe 90-91 in summer. Hence the concern when started getting higher, and higher.

Meant to also note the service guy said the flush at 80,000 may not rectify as they aren't doing a full clean out of the radiator? Someone more technical could probably clarify what they do and don't do at this 80k service.

Was talking to a friend from Ford service today and he said he knows of others with late model Patrols with same issue.

CHeers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hempo View Post
    Hi Hodge, my temps are exactly the same as you mentioned. normal driving around 87, up the range going home maybe 90-91 in summer. Hence the concern when started getting higher, and higher.

Meant to also note the service guy said the flush at 80,000 may not rectify as they aren't doing a full clean out of the radiator? Someone more technical could probably clarify what they do and don't do at this 80k service.

Was talking to a friend from Ford service today and he said he knows of others with late model Patrols with same issue.

CHeers
    All good Hempo the more info the better the thread, interestingly I was in SCA the othe day after some coolant.
    And was looking at Tecalloy brand if you read it says compatible with other coolants , but its cheap enough to use one
    coolant at a time. believe it or not Ive been running water only for 2 years now with nill problems, as Im trying to find a leak.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast