2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You certainly did a job on yourself there mate - looks nasty. Leads to the obvious question though - where did they graft the skin from?? Is it fair to say that 'your arse now hangs down to your ankle'?? lololol ... could be a problem when we catch up for a beer in the next few weeks and you reckon you can't shout because you can't reach your wallet, which is in your back pocket, as it now sits down around the bottom (boom boom) of your leg!!!!

Seriously, wish that sort of stuff on no-one mate, so hope all is good with it.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet pics mate, bummer bout the burn ouch!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The burn was very painful, but i was very stubborn, burnt it around 5pm on a Saturday while having a BBQ, decided to do some potato wedges, didn't have a side burner on the bbq so decided to get out the 4.5 gas bottle with the ring on it, thru some oil in a wok, thru the potatoes in and started deep frying them.

Where i was living at the time, the section where the bbq was had uneven pavers laid. Think i moved it 20 times not happy with the uneven surface, thinking to myself this is going too fall......

But not so funny enough i ended up bumping the handle and that was that.

My daughter was sitting not even a metre away from me, she seemed ok so i ran and put it under the closest tap, next minute i hear my daughter screaming, my heart stopped thinking i had got her ran back 2 my daughter just as my missus came out to her. She was fine, just screamed because daddy was hurt.

Went back to the tap for a few mins, got a bucket of water. Put the foot in, finished cooking dinner, ate dinner, cracked open a few bourbons, Went to work in a pair of thongs on Monday ( suppose to where steel caps ), didn't go see the doctor for about 4 days, just couldn't take it anymore!

Doc said, have you been to hospital for this, think you might need a skin graft.....think i better go to hospital then.

Penrith hospital said... yeh we think that would need a graft, better book you into Concord hospital ( burns unit ).

A few trips to Concord hospital, and i few cancelled attempts to get the graft, I was finally in, about 5 mins after the anesthetic i went into happy land, awoke back in my room and the graft was done Few 2 many days in hospital and i was outta there

Moral of this story, drink lotsa bourbon before burning urself *LMAO*
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 29th November 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim, it has heeled very well, no pressure bandage now, probable should keep it out of the sun but don't. Unfortunately I got laid of work after taking the time off in hospital, and because of starting a new job i couldn't really take the time off to get check ups done. Feel it every now and then, but in general I wouldn't know its there. Before i stopped going for my check ups they were very happy with the heeling process

Scotty - the graft came from the same leg, its the big red patch in pics 8, 10, 12 and 15?? A man burns himself and all you can think about is, who's shouting the beers *L* glad you have ur priority's right, all is good with it now

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    Tim, it has heeled very well, no pressure bandage now, probable should keep it out of the sun but don't. Unfortunately I got laid of work after taking the time off in hospital, and because of starting a new job i couldn't really take the time off to get check ups done. Feel it every now and then, but in general I wouldn't know its there. Before i stopped going for my check ups they were very happy with the heeling process

Scotty - the graft came from the same leg, its the big red patch in pics 8, 10, 12 and 15?? A man burns himself and all you can think about is, who's shouting the beers *L* glad you have ur priority's right, all is good with it now
    Glad to hear champion ... you can't blame me on the beers comment ... well ... you can, but surely you understood my genuine concern (for both leg AND beer)!! lolol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Glad to hear champion ... you can't blame me on the beers comment ... well ... you can, but surely you understood my genuine concern (for both leg AND beer)!! lolol
    Your comment made me laugh, i 2 thought drinking bourbon 2 help with the pain was better than going to a doctor or hospital. Bourbon always comes first, everything else can wait *L*

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    Your comment made me laugh, i 2 thought drinking bourbon 2 help with the pain was better than going to a doctor or hospital. Bourbon always comes first, everything else can wait *L*
    You made the right decision old mate, at least so you can tell the story on the forum without feeling like a sook ... lol

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool pictures. Looks like fun too.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged