Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemon or not

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, you've been given pearls here by Mudrunner and Co,Don't take this the wrong way either, because your new ,because you're not familiar with different problems,
    because you're not familiar with prices, people WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE of you.
    You have a very clean 4x4 with a few niggles. make a few lists, one what you want to use the 4x4 for.
    what accessories would enhance first list,
    what order should I do these mods, Hint ask forum members '
    Easy peasy 4x4 is sorted and you're out with mates showing how good your 4x4 is [PROUD MOMENT]

I've met Wally you are not him

DID YOU GET RWC WITH FISHING ROD HOLDERS ON BULLBAR????
    Last edited by threedogs; 27th August 2012 at 05:41 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ckh
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Hi mate, you've been given pearls here by Mudrunner and Co,Don't take this the wrong way either, because your new ,because you're not familiar with different problems,
    because you're not familiar with prices, people WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE of you.
    You have a very clean 4x4 with a few niggles. make a few lists, one what you want to use the 4x4 for.
    what accessories would enhance first list,
    what order should I do these mods, Hint ask forum members '
    Easy peasy 4x4 is sorted and you're out with mates showing how good your 4x4 is [PROUD MOMENT]

I've met Wally you are not him

DID YOU GET RWC WITH FISHING ROD HOLDERS ON BULLBAR????

Yes even though I bought it this month RWC was dated 6-6-12, yes it came with an alloy bull bar and rod holders, the spun them around so they were on the inside of the bullbar. Why do you ask, do you know the vehicle? Bought it from a car yard at Wacol.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your Road Worthy is only valid for 30 days from date on certificate. They should have got another Roadie before you purchased it. It is reasonable that you can claim that the Road Worthy is valid 30 days from the date of Purchase. When the yard got it done is Not your problem??

Nah i dont think 3dogs knows your car but the fishing rod holder makes the car unroadworthy! It must have a rod in it and you must be on the way to or from the water to make it legal. Un bolt it, they look like Shi1t and are a real danger to Pedestrians. They provide you No Credibility, infact if i saw you driving along with it bolted on and empty i'd think your a D*ckhead! Pet Hate. Nice car shame about the rod holder kinda thing
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckh View Post
    I'm trying very hard not to convince me self I got a lemon, all my mates so far even one who is a diehard land cruiser man, said I got a good car. One thing you said which has stuck in my mind is "some bloke that wants to sell you a new lift kit " sitting back thinking yes he isn’t out to do me any favours he h out to make a sale and or make money, cause the work he did on it last Monday to remove the shaking I get at 90+KPM is still there, he said before the job he stands behind his work and if it doesn’t fix it, it would be free, he now saying the problem has to be from the tear or crack in one of the offset castor bushes and wants $396 to fit and replace.. he did say last week when he found the tear that that was the only thing he could find wrong with the front end other than it sitting an inch lower than stock.

chk

I wouldn't worry about a 20 Year old car where the springs have sagged only 1 inch........ I remember when the GQ and the Range Rover came out with coils - there were people saying they won't work, they won't last, how can you get a coil to hold up that much weight, leaf springs are the only way to carry a load.....

I think that a 1 inch drop over 20 + years is enough to dispell that myth forever, and whose to say it is actually a 1 inch drop at all. Is this guy a Patrol expert? I once owned a GQ Patrol, but I can't quote the official ride height, and the guys that still own them now haven't immediately piped up with the 'official ride height', and that ride height may have varied slightly with different engines, different years, etc, etc

Just remember everyone on the road is driving a car with used parts - they don't stay new for long.

Mic
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 28th August 2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: fixed quote box
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

ckh
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Your Road Worthy is only valid for 30 days from date on certificate. They should have got another Roadie before you purchased it. It is reasonable that you can claim that the Road Worthy is valid 30 days from the date of Purchase. When the yard got it done is Not your problem??

Nah i dont think 3dogs knows your car but the fishing rod holder makes the car unroadworthy! It must have a rod in it and you must be on the way to or from the water to make it legal. Un bolt it, they look like Shi1t and are a real danger to Pedestrians. They provide you No Credibility, infact if i saw you driving along with it bolted on and empty i'd think your a D*ckhead! Pet Hate. Nice car shame about the rod holder kinda thing
    Just looked it up, here in QLD a RWC is valid for 2 month or 2000K's for a private sale and 3 months or 1000K's for a dealer/car yard selling it.

I took off the rod holders as they looked crappy and were partly obscuring the left leadlight...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah i though that was the case with dealers up here the roadworthy lasting longer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate, what a sweet looking GQ........
    as has been said several times, dont sweat the little things,
    make a note of what you want to do with it - Touring / Off Road Warrior / Horse Trailer tow rig / daily driver etc...
    ALL the things you want to do with it
    then do the research as to what you need to transform your rig into what you need, have a browse at your local 4x4 shops, and 4wd wreckers for ideas and also prices

My GQ had Lowrider suspension for about 5 years until I had enough of climbing DOWN into it, and then brought some second hand stuff - all fixed for under $500

your Tyre power guy should have swapped the rear tyres for the front when he played with it - that may have solved some more of the "Nissan" wobbles
    I pulled my tyres off the rims, cleaned the inside of them with 600Grit wet & dry, balanced the rims, then balanced the tyre, THEN put them together - hey presto, no more wobbles........ I was just lucky that nothing else was shagged though, and I did put new Tyres on all around

it all takes time, as any of these guys, and they would probably say that Safety First then bling bits later

as I said, nice looking rig, and you will have more than a few thousand Kms of fun driving it

cheers
    (just my 4cents worth)
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate I too have an 89 gq. Lots of squeekes and other noises. Rubbers all had to be replaced at different stages. The original diff lock vacuum solenoids often either don't work, or break "tubes" can get a new one for under $200. Easy to fit and the Nissan diff lock is one of the best out there. I have tortured mine!!!
    The shaking is commonly referee to as death wobbles as they scare you to death when they are bad. All new suspension rubbers/bushes/ Inc panhard arm should fix this if not king pin buses and bearings are the culprit.

And you own a Nissan patrol. No where in those letters can you manage to squeeze a lemon out of. Simply a few worn parts that once replaced can last you another 20 odd years

Tap,tap,tapping in your head

ckh
    Quote Originally Posted by stets View Post
    Mate I too have an 89 gq. Lots of squeekes and other noises. Rubbers all had to be replaced at different stages. The original diff lock vacuum solenoids often either don't work, or break "tubes" can get a new one for under $200. Easy to fit and the Nissan diff lock is one of the best out there. I have tortured mine!!!
    The shaking is commonly referee to as death wobbles as they scare you to death when they are bad. All new suspension rubbers/bushes/ Inc panhard arm should fix this if not king pin buses and bearings are the culprit.

And you own a Nissan patrol. No where in those letters can you manage to squeeze a lemon out of. Simply a few worn parts that once replaced can last you another 20 odd years

Tap,tap,tapping in your head

There's a ratting squeeking sound coming from driver's door/dash area, buggered if I can find it, anyone know of comming noises from that area. so i can tighten a loose screw or what ever!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mine has the same noise. Squeaky, rattley. Coming from inside the guard, behind the dash, top door hinge kind of area.
    I just turn the music up:-)

Tap, crackle, pop
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast