Thread: Whats in Wyalkatchem?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Whats in Wyalkatchem?

Hey All

As a new resident of Wylie, Have had a look around and a couple of K's out of town here there is a fun place to play. West Moto Park. Justin has acres of tracks for Quads, Motocross bikes, Dune Buggys etc...Has camping grounds there and all.....

www.westmotopark.com.au

I was off talking to him the other day and suggested developing a 4X4 Trials track(s) on the property. Was just wondering if there are enough Fourby's that would show up of he started holding events there?????

It looks as though several "courses/tracks" could be setup and he certainly has the room to put everyone up....so let me or Justin out there know if there's enough interest and we could have a very well setup place to Flex and Stretch our Beastie's....Could even invite Cruisers and have a Patrol Vs the rest competitions...

Anyhow...Just throwing it out there as it is VERY possible it could happen....Members here could even have a lot of input as to the design of the tracks and courses/obstacles.....

Cheers All and safe driving

AJ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate even if its just a 4wd course of some type where you can go and challenge yourself without the competition angle and somewhere to camp with facilities that would generate quite a bit of interest as the closest place that i know of is gasgoyne. I would be contacting the local clubs like western patrol etc to gauge interest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

knightpatrol66 (22nd August 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 with stropp, only other place is MOA except for the odd comp at mudflats down south
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just look at the success of Loveday and the likes. Being involved with events like Cruiserkhana you'll find insurance will kill i,. you cant have timed events as that means its a race.
    theres a bit in it. A great technical driving track on a points system will get around the previous problem. Would love to be involved
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the no race bit........The go-fast racing is best left to others..........Justin and I were discussing serious trials tracks...transponders can be available to measure time across the course ( not racing) just best time which could allow for getting stuck etc...A serious skills course and I'm sure there are those of you who wouldn't mind teaching skills and safety while we are all at it.....The Park has some serious insurance in place already. He even has recovery options in place ready to go.......I will get on to him tonight and let him know there is interest. "Wylie" is only 2 hours from Perth and the facility's he has out there are great. I will ask about how much space he has in total, but it is monstrous 6 or seven camping areas for groups or single spots BBQ etc etc, and I've not met a person yet that doesn't love this place....Will keep you all posted

FOLLOW UP: Just spoke to Justin who runs the Park, and they have tossed this around before, but didn't think there was enough interest, he certainly has the space and facilities to make this happen and is keen to. As for the technical track he would be happy to engineer any and all designs. Input from those here would definitely make this happen, and I personally think this would be bloody fantastic. Register your interest and I reckon this COULD happen!!

Be awesome to have a place specifically designed for 4X4's and in between trials i'm sure there's a few that would want to go motor cross riding or jump on a quad or whatever.....sounds like a bloody great long weekend that could happen regularly, hell the younger ones could even go paint balling in between trials too.....keep the input up guys...
    Last edited by knightpatrol66; 20th August 2012 at 08:57 PM.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two big thumbs up from me and about 10 of my 4wding mates.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to choochie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked the website out, and, WOW !!!!

Has camping grounds there and all.....

www.westmotopark.com.au

Time for this little secret to be exposed!

I'm impressed. WOW - and only just over 100k's from my new home.

Consider this thread as my registration of interest.

I'll PM you AJ.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Update on the Wylie Tracks

Hi All, well it's not forgotten but there is a million hoops to jump through to get this happening. There are some pics of the old gypsum mine I visited the other day and the right people are being contacted to help allow us to build a super track on this site, as well as Justin considering the Flex and Trials Track where he is. It's amazing how one little idea can end up a massive "Could We?" but it is in progress and other sites are being looked at here to try and make this all happen...I guess patience is the Key.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definitely interested in this, only 2 hours out of Perth, short enough distances for a day out I reckon

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Count me in on this one mate, well done
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast