Thread: Utes with camping pods - Pics only, please

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuppa,

During last month trip up to Longreach with my father, I notice the Electricity Authority up that way between St.George to Longreach had Iveco Daily 4x4's at most of their depots . . . . be interesting to know how they perform out that way for reliability . . . eitherway I don't think I could ever afford a Iveco Daily 4x4 Ambulance.

Before I got my Patrol last month, I was looking at a 1998 Toyota Landcruiser with a Paull and Warner Ambulance Module on the back, but my Lease Company said it was too old.

One of the Event Medical Companies I occasionally work for, has a GU Patrol with a Paull and Warner Ambulance Module fitted. It's one avenue I could go down if I found a suitable Ex Ambulance Module at a reasonable price to fit to the Patrol.

But as much as I would love my own Ambulance . . . I think this Patrol will have to do me for a while to come.76647908_10216385998788012_9189613181591355392_o.jpg
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grant209 For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (5th January 2020), rusty_nail (6th January 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you're managing to stay cool somehow down there in Penrith! Anyone interested it Daily 4x4 should check out '4x4 Iveco Daily - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly' on Facebook.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How have you guys fitted a floor/ false floor? I just got a rosco style pod and cleaned it out, looking to fit it out. I'm not sure how to create a flat floor to put fridge, drawers etc on.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJONES2431 View Post
    How have you guys fitted a floor/ false floor? I just got a rosco style pod and cleaned it out, looking to fit it out. I'm not sure how to create a flat floor to put fridge, drawers etc on.
    I chose not to.

Assuming you mean a floor just to bring floor level up to the height of the 'lip' at the bottom of each door opening? I felt that this would only add extra weight for little benefit as well as waste limited space. Having said that I didn't use drawers , but used sliding plastic bins instead. These have the advantage of being lighter, sliding on rails rather than in cabinets & easily removeable for use around camp. An improvement would be to use the Expedition 134 storage boxes from Open Sky Touring which were not available when I did my fit out.

For my fridge slides I did use timber blocks sikaflexed to the floor to raise them enough to clear the lip.

The only disadvantage of 'retaining the lip' is that it makes cleaning out the inevitable desert dust & sand a tad more difficult, but that's not a biggie, & a false floor will still manage to collect dust & spills underneath it, which although unseen will build up over time. Imagine spilling something inside, milk for example. Or worse - something I did recently - forgot to put the butter in the fridge & had it completely melt & go rancid. Getting rid of the subsequent stench would be a nightmare if it had seeped under the false floor, or even just into the timber.

I'm not suggesting there is any right/wrong way to do things. A false floor will definitely look better/tidier, but if setting up for touring/camping/outback travel, it's worth considering the potential disadvantages too.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (5th March 2020)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456