Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GU Clutch problem

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which hose was this? and where abouts is it?
    i am having a problem where i just replaced the slave and master cylinder and now my clutch has heaps of slack in it, and as it comes out (engages) it gets stuck for half a second then pops out. It happens at about 80-90% before fully engaging the clutch. (ie. If i am taking of quickly it will slip for half a second untill it pops out)

any info would help. thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kostik
    I am having the same problem that you wrote about in Oct last year. I've replaced the clutch with a Safari clutch and solid fly-wheel and it was after this that the problems started. The master and slave cylinders have been replaced and the booster checked but still have varying pressure on the pedal. Sounds very similar to your problem. I've had a look at the photo -but not sure where this hose is - can you confirm its location?
    Thanks, Rollo

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I have a similar problem to Kostik and Spoons (posted a few years back) and wondered if some could explain this to me more clearly as I have little understanding of mechanics. My clutch pedal was heavy for a while, making scraping noises when pressed down and then finally refused to spring back at all, sticking right down. Like Spoons I have had to pull it back up by hand, with the added twist that I am attempting this in the middle of Hanoi (Vietnam) with millions of motorbikes flying at me in all directions. My major problem is that I don't speak Vietnamese so getting to the bottom of the problem with the local mechanics is tricky. Today's 'explanation' involved them trying to tell me they thought it was the little one, but now they think it's the big one, and something to do with a cylinder. I would be grateful if someone could tell me (a) what the problem could be and (b) what the range of solutions is, so that I can take a translator to the mechanic to understand what is going on and ensure they are investigating the right things. Thank you so much. NR.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello mates.
    Having the same problem with my TB45E GU '00. The pedal wouldn't return unless I pull it manually.
    So what I gather is to first chk all hoses, then the slave.
    if all that is well, then it is probably the booster, anybody knows? Has anyone deleted the clutch booster from a Patrol?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day all,
    1) Kozzie, what model and how many Kliks you done? Just something to remember when I get there.
    2)Nicro, Head over to the intro page, tell us a bit about yourself and also (which I like) maybe a bit more info on your profile page.
    ....In my experience, if either of the clutch cylinders are worn/scored etc. they leak and of course your fluid level drops. If it's the master you will possibly find fluid inside running down the pedal.The fluid level is visible through the clear plastic reservoir on /near the fire wall.
    Either one crook , the end result is no pedal pressure/return/gear change. You can sometimes be lucky and get a few more changes by continually topping up the level but once the line/system gets air in it, you're stuffed.
    3) Jose, reckon you'd have to have gone to the moon and back to lose your booster. Check fluid levels first then maybe the rubber lines. Done over 400K in a troll and replaced both cylinders several times but never rubber lines or booster.
    Don't forget, brake and clutch fluids are a replacement item at regular long term intervals. They pick up water (hygroscopic) which causes damage to the system over time. Easy to do but easier to overlook.
    4) Matty, all you can do is follow the line from master down to slave. Part alloy tube, part rubber according to model and where flexibility is required.
    maybe waffling but hope this helps
    Col

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12