Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DX grunt... in the flesh

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HWS takes 8.5lts and takes about 20-30mins to heat up.

http://www.thekineticsgroup.net/down...h_Brochure.pdf

Lovely set up, Hot water, on tap.

The distributor is in South Oz.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK guys. I'll drop my pride and ask heaps of questions that your 2 yo should be able to answer.

This is what I'd like to do.

Under the bonnet: put in an air horn. It's a 4.2 TDi, which is all I need.

Cab: Put a roof rack on the cab that will support 2 'work/search lights' on the outside and 2 spotties on the inside.
    In WA, we're only allowed to have 4 spotties and 2 headlights, otherwise it's a yellow sticker.

I need a reversing camera too. Bloody bumped into something else yesterday, infront of a crowd, naturally.
    The problem with the pod on the back is that it sticks out about 4 inches further than the cab - on each side.

GPS would be nice too. Not a lot of room in a ute to stick stuff. Lots of roof consoles out there too. Not sure
    whether to go across ways (windscreen length)or straight up the middle between the driver/passenger seat
    My UHF is velcro'd to the dash atm.

Anybody know where to put a coffee cup holder in a ute? I'm sick of spilling it. Even when I open and close
    the door, occasionally I'll put my travel mug it into the door, but I continually spill it.

My pod....coz we want to sleep in it at night, it has to be insulated and ventilated. I don't want it to be one big 'dutch oven'.

Forget the mirror tiles on the roof. I'm too old and don't own a Sandman PV any more.

The back is big enough for a double bed, so I'll go to Clarke Rubber and get it measured up. I want to be able to lie in bed and watch a dvd.

On the back, I'm going to get a couple of search/work lights with 3 way switches.

When I get old enough to retire.. I'm changing my name to 'The travelling mug'. lol

I've made some statement and asked for some advice. Any help whatsoever, I'd appreciate.
    Preferred makes/models would be nice.

Seriously guys, I really lack knowledge, but at the same time, I don't expect you to do all
    the work. I'm not lazy, but I lack confidence in my own ability to do 'manual stuff'

Ross
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Plassy. That's my first project.

Thanks Bro. I'm feeling better already!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 4 your help. You've given me heaps to think about and research. Much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey DX, i have a console that runs across the car in front of me and it is great mate. i very occasionally hit my head on it but generally it is a great place to stash stuff.

I agree with plasnart that the one running down the centre would get in the way a heap more than the front mounted one. Hope that helps
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hey DX, i have a console that runs across the car in front of me and it is great mate. i very occasionally hit my head on it but generally it is a great place to stash stuff.

I agree with plasnart that the one running down the centre would get in the way a heap more than the front mounted one. Hope that helps
    Hey MR. Did u make it yrself or buy it? I'm about 181cm tall. How far does yours come down from the roof?

Do you hit your head very occassionally or very rarely? lol

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL... very rarely mate, generally only when i am getting in and out to be honest. its a big climb up. cant remember ever really hitting the scone while driving.

I bought it off ebay, dont have a pic but will see if i can organise one for you mate.

It is flat across the bottom and is just above the level of the top of the glass. the sun visors hanging off it and they took a little getting used to but no problem for me at all.

I am 5'11"
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I to have an overhead like this & love it I made mine & still have the patten. I will also take some picks & post them up & if you like it I will post you the patten. Although mines a GQ I wouldn't think it would take much at all if anything to change it to GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    I to have an overhead like this & love it I made mine & still have the patten. I will also take some picks & post them up & if you like it I will post you the patten. Although mines a GQ I wouldn't think it would take much at all if anything to change it to GU
    Thanks. I'll pm you. And thanks for reading my 500th post. Yeaaaaahhhhh

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Thanks. I'll pm you. And thanks for reading my 500th post. Yeaaaaahhhhh
    500, Ross you need to get a real job mate
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast