Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it fun or is it VANDALISM

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is boy racers (who would typically buy some JapCrap to do burnouts) who inevitably purchase a 4wd and think it's a 'doughnut' machine ... as per Todd above, maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy (and I'm not that old), but all too often I see younger blokes who get a fourbie, only to whack the biggest lift, biggest tyres, biggest engine etc in it to offset their lack of actual capability (i.e. throw enough gizmos and power at it, and you can climb anything and they feel like a hero without having any concept that most others can do it too, with a bit of proper knowhow). Then they end up doing this sort of garbage because they are "so cool" in front of their mates being able to do burnouts ... yes, yes ... I know all about peer pressure etc, and that has become the modern excuse as opposed to a direct reflection of lack of proper education in this space, lack of REAL consequence (like impounding the car for 1-3 months minimum for first offence, 6 months plus for second offence etc, etc, with suspension of license at the same time), AND diminishing areas close to the city where they can let loose with this sort of behaviour ... and I reckon at least half of them have probably never even been on the beach, or in a 4wd park, or in a state forest with their cars ... they buy them coz they look 'tuff' ...

Rant complete ... thankyou for your attention!! LOL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone needs to get out there and take some video fotage and take some regos and give it to the cops so they can get done under the hoon law and get there cars taken of them. then they mite learn not to do that stuff in town.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said in all the above, but marc said it best. Well done

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Problem is boy racers (who would typically buy some JapCrap to do burnouts)
    Great rant mate!!!

I like to call them Rice Burners...lol

Is it just a mexican (VIC) saying or do other states call them rice burners too???

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I call them "Doof Doofs" and they always seem to have a length of sewer pipe hanging out the back as an exhaust
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    That will only slow them down Andy, there's a big grassy paddock over the road that they will cut up next.

Tony
    Yah right of course Tony, but they go down the forest, why can't they leave it there?
    And it is 4B's just ask the console operators about the mud on their cars. Of course they do it when it's only one women on who is not meant to venture outside of a night.
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Great rant mate!!!

I like to call them Rice Burners...lol

Is it just a mexican (VIC) saying or do other states call them rice burners too???
    Nah ... we call them Rice Burners also, I'm obviously not up with the lingo (hence proof of my 'fuddy duddyness') ... aren't 'doof doofs' more the Lebanese/Greek etc machines - usually commodores with sub woofers bigger than the tyres?? Or am I even more out of touch than first predicted? ... I'm feeling old all of a sudden ...

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Nah ... we call them Rice Burners also, I'm obviously not up with the lingo (hence proof of my 'fuddy duddyness') ... aren't 'doof doofs' more the Lebanese/Greek etc machines - usually commodores with sub woofers bigger than the tyres?? Or am I even more out of touch than first predicted? ... I'm feeling old all of a sudden ...
    Nah, I call them tosspots!!!....lol

yeah you would think doofs doofs would be those guys who drive around with 17 subwoofers blasting 7000 decibels in the streets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12