Thread: Thinkin bout it

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    if it is only for half a dozen times a year. just get a pig of a thing that is a good runner. lift it and lock it
    Thats what im doin for a weekend play toy
    MK shorty , total cost will be under a grand,parts are cheap and they are a robust ol bus
    Strap around my place and 100 acre test bed next door .........

A few grand spare change for a play toy nowadays is really loose change for many , and good fun times to be had
    Go spend a grand or two on an MQ/MK weekend warrior,be the best money youll spend

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ MAD View Post
    A few grand spare change for a play toy nowadays is really loose change for many
    If any of you are are in the class above, please send some loose change my way *L*
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. Oxidization, coke and some tin foil will wake it good as new. Ball breaker though. Anyway sorry for the thread highjack.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like one of my mate with an 05 Patrol wants to buy a 80 series Landcruiser for bush bashing for 3k. yet he spent a reasonable amount of money setting up his Patrol to do the same thing, go figure.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you ever going to come bush bashing as you call it......... I prefer to say "seeing this beautiful country".............. We have had many meet ups ya big lug and you are yet to appear!! except for drinkies at Andy's?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thats because he's been getting his trol "set up" lol

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    For what!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well mick I am a very lucky man and have the GUIV for my daily and outback family tourer and the GQ for the business end of out hobby. There is simply No Way I would attempt what I do in my GQ in the GUIv. Regardless of the GQ once having nice paint, it does not now. And I Care little. Drive it, bounce it, bend it, Use It. That's why I built it. But if I thought about it it probably owes me $40k. I'm ok with that because its already spent and I had it before the GUiV. Could not do it the other way with the same level of budget though. Buying some Junker half done is the way to go. TB42 Carby for a couple of grand. Cheap lift and an auto locker. $5k or less and your having a heap of fun and No Tears.

But! Big But! Your a Farking Giant!!!!!! You need the cheapest GUI you can find. A GQ would feel like driving a Zook for you mate. Be fun but squashy. I never realised ow compact a GQ was until I started living with a GUIV for day to day, get in the GQ and feel the difference big time.

Either way come play mate!!! You will love it!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Are you ever going to come bush bashing as you call it......... I prefer to say "seeing this beautiful country".............. We have had many meet ups ya big lug and you are yet to appear!! except for drinkies at Andy's?
    Not true, I have been out with AB and a few of the boys. King lake Toolangi I believe. ImageUploadedByMotorculture1378458830.393500.jpgImageUploadedByMotorculture1378458858.336711.jpgImageUploadedByMotorculture1378458931.631899.jpg
    When AB went for a dive.
    But you weren't there Cuddles.
    Although AB did cut my trip short and suggested a park up and hitch a ride with him.

So next time you wanna open ya trap, better get your facts together first.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Thank you Clunk, I'm glad you understand.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast