Thread: Bringing Electric through the firewall

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bringing Electric through the firewall

im jt starting to look at bringing some additional electrics through the firewall and was after some advice on the location to do so.

on my GU3 ZD30 i was intending to run a spur off the main fuse / relay box (thats the one with the cover on that runs perpendicular to the fright hand fron wheel just behind the battery). i havent yet checked becasue my tester is broken but it looks like that feed is ignition sensitive so taking a spur off the main connection (which might be a 8mm bolt would be a good starting point to run a spur to a secondary fuse box under the dash for all me secondary electrics, thus avoiding splicing into the wiring harness to piggy back off the radio and then the cigarette lighter.

and these might be CB, additional cigarette sockets for plug in stuff. better cabin lights etc, all the stuff that would run when the engine was on. naturally a second deep cycle battery within cabin might be a good next move for camping equipment but thats for later. my first concern is which was to come through the firewall and lookig at it, theres a lot less choice thsn when ive dont this previously on a LR Disco1 or rodeo ute.

dont mind drilling a hole if that required but then its rust proofing etc.

a photo would be good. theres a big rubber grommit behind the turbo actuator which might be where the main electrics go, is that the best option? all the other plastic caps ive removed so far are threaded for stuff thats not fixed unde the hood..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats the grommit to go through on the passenger side 8th picture down http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ires+fire+wall
    put second battery in engine bay alongside overflow bottle link to placement http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...s+fire+walanso use the search box top right to search for other systems
    hope this helps
    stephen
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my third 256 For This Useful Post:

blocko05 (16th June 2015), milsomr (13th June 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great assistance. i got a line through and got my cb and some extra 12v sockets lined up off a feed to took from the relay box. i was hoping that the relays would all be ignition sensitive but, no.

i can put a line switch or a relay in the line but it would be easier if there was a good old fashioned bolt that only got live with the key in.