Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BigCols baby

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    onya col
    now you gunna come out and play on the 29th and get her ......DIRTY ???????
    HELL NO !!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Good Looking GU and white as well. Top Marks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wil be interesting to see how your fuel will go towing and just touring with the gas mix,could be a good combination for out back with a long range tank and extra gas as well

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey Paul,
    you should have seen both mine & mikes after we did the reccy for that trip - his with mud, mine with dirt - both with new pin stripping hahahahaha
    at this stage I will be along for the trip on the 29th, probably TEC or something, whatever Mike decides

hiya Roofy,
    yeah, not to sure about using the Gas at the moment though, as I have been told EVERYWHERE it would work a heap better if it was Turbo'd....... true enough as well
    when I put the gas on at the moment, yes - it is noticeable (a whole 4Kw?????) but the smoke will have every greenie this side of the boarder chasing me
    put it on gas - gas will burn quicker than the diesel, so it spews - and I mean SPEWS black smoke (un-burnt diesel) - far to embarrassing for the small amount of gain at the moment

but
    a Turbo is on the list of things to get - then it will be well worth it

just got to get someone to buy my Beastie - when its ready for selling - and then see how it goes then

cheers
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    hey Paul,
    you should have seen both mine & mikes after we did the reccy for that trip - his with mud, mine with dirt - both with new pin stripping hahahahaha
    at this stage I will be along for the trip on the 29th, probably TEC or something, whatever Mike decides

hiya Roofy,
    yeah, not to sure about using the Gas at the moment though, as I have been told EVERYWHERE it would work a heap better if it was Turbo'd....... true enough as well
    when I put the gas on at the moment, yes - it is noticeable (a whole 4Kw?????) but the smoke will have every greenie this side of the boarder chasing me
    put it on gas - gas will burn quicker than the diesel, so it spews - and I mean SPEWS black smoke (un-burnt diesel) - far to embarrassing for the small amount of gain at the moment

but
    a Turbo is on the list of things to get - then it will be well worth it

just got to get someone to buy my Beastie - when its ready for selling - and then see how it goes then

cheers
    ok so then you must have picked the rig up pretty cheap then if its belching that much smoke
    and your saying once turboed up youll get more horse power and no smoke very interesting in deed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no no no Roofy, on the contrary, I think you have miss understood what I was saying

there is nothing wrong with the rig - in fact when I had it Dyno'd at United Fuel Injection, it is running better than when Nissan first sold it
    and it cost me more than $20K is all Im saying about the price - it was advertised for $25K

now, Tony will probably explain the workings of a Diesel better than me, but I will try

for each cylinder there is a finite amount of air & fuel put into it to work at an optimum
    you CAN adjust your fuel through injector timing and some mods to the pumps themselves I have heard, but you are still governed by the amount of area for the air & fuel mixture
    mine, I can only surmise is working at its optimum at the present to have the dyno figures I have

once you add MORE fuel into an already optimum ratio, you start to not burn all available fuel - why sometimes you see diesels smoking, and sometimes others are not

now Gas (LPG) by its nature, burns at approx 110% - so it also helps to burn excess air - and has a higher combustion point than Diesel
    but
    when it is added to a cylinder that is already burning at top efficiently, you end up with some fuel NOT burning,
    in my case - Diesel, because the gas will burn quicker & faster then the diesel
    so it blows black smoke when on diesel AND Gas

now,
    if I add extra air - TURBO - I will then have MORE air available for the extra fuel I add (adding the gas to it)

so as I had been told from the onset, the Diesel Gas systems will only work efficiently on a Turbo motor, and not gain enough on a NA motor to make the instillation worth while.

as it is already on my car, it will stay and when the Turbo goes on, kewl more power
    if it wasn't on my car, I dont think I would have fitted it, unless I was wanting more power AFTER I had fitted a Turbo

in much the same way as in the 3L you can re-chip them, as they are electronically operated fuel pumps for more power, with Mechanically operated pumps - early TD42, you cannot, so Gas injection is another way of increasing the power available

I think that could possibly explain it........

cheers
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well done col understand it now was just going the long way round thanks for that

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no worries mate......
    how are you going with your TB45?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top stuff Bigcol, welcome to the gu family. Looks the goods mate, please keep the piccies coming we like piccies.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shes going ok needs a tuneup on the gas side running at 23l per100 will put up with till i go to wonnangatta thursday week then toolangi after that
    so if i have any money left ill get it done

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast