Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Nissan Bring Out V8's

Hi everyone,

I heard a rumour that Nissan had plans to bring out a v8 Patrol in the not too distant future.

Toyota seem to be leaving Nissan behind with power lately and was curious to see if anyone can confirm this or is it just fairy tale stories I'm hearing?

Cheers.

Fitzy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't heard of anything mate, in fact I'm not sure they will ever do it but i may be wrong???

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great find Geoff, looks like we won't be seeing that on our shores until late nex year.

Some interesting comments and reviews for this. A lot of negativity about the design and targeted audience.

Nissan Product Design Director, Taiji Toyota, said the new Patrol was designed to appear less rugged, taking on a more upscale look.
    According to Nissan, most SUV owners devote less than 15 percent of their driving time to off-road pursuits. Because of this, the 2011 Patrol offers a more luxurious interior than previous generations.
    Land Rover are licking their lips at this news, looks like they are going to have the best sales in years now that the patrol has gone soft like all the other big 4x4's (4 wheel independant susp).
    dont know why nissan are bothering selling it in any other market other than the middle east. thats clearly the only people they had in mind when designing it.
    Disappointing to say the least!

If anyone is interested we wrote a small review on it at http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/new-nissan-patrol.html

Would love to hear everyone's reviews on this, feel free to post your comments and I will load them on to the main website...Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'll be dammed....Nice Geoff!

I don't think this is a step in the right direction for Nissan.

Look It's a great looking 4x4 but the targeted audience is obviously the top end of the market with those fancy Toorak tractors. (Melbourne saying for poshy mums who drive around the city in 100k cars looking the part).

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

It could be a good step for Nissan to hit the higher end of the market but as for 4wd's...Its a thumbs down for me unfortunately guys.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might buy one for Christmas.....Christmas 2030 when the price is down to 15k not 100k...lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an ugly POS that is. They have to be targetting the Saudi's with that. They'll bang on a turbo or two and drag Lambos all day I assume.

Seriously, who would 4wd in that? and for the price it will probably be, i'd cry if it got scratched. It doesn't give the appearance of a rugged capable machine to me. It's totally a soccer mum mobile.

Not sure how this new V8 will go, but they would have been better off putting it in the GU and kept that model/shape. There would be so many people who'd go straight for the V8 over the big 6cyl.

Just disappointing. I'd rather a V8 disco to be honest.. or for a smaller amount of cash, you could probably put the Landcruiser turbo V8 into a mint 80 series and be happy as a pig in shit!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just sounds like this has been designed purely for the "demanding Middle East region"

Would be great for crossing the Simpson or to putt around town looking good but thats about it IMO.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think they need another big 6 like the 4.2 or the 5.6 litre Quad cam motor they use in the US in the Titans.
    http://www.nissanusa.com/titan/?next...card.thumbnail.
    These are a real Nissan V8

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast