OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got it !!!!! and have a few questions...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it !!!!! and have a few questions...

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Hi Guys,

finally got my Simpson edition Patrol.. !!!!!! so happy.. now I belong to the Band of Brothers on this forum..

that dash got so many buttons.. will have to read up the manual, got better idea ask you guys.. lol

1. So what does that button button that has a icon of a Car with skid marks do ?

2. 4up or 4low , when to use them.

3. Best oil to change to every 5000 km ? I saw a thread but its got too many recommendations for various models.

4. the sales guy told me to turn the lock on the front two wheels when I go 4wding on the beach. Should I ?

5. how to move fuel from the main tank to the second tank ?

6. I researched the radio, thinking of getting the Icom 440n, but where the hell do I mount it ???

7. There is another button with Power written on it, what does that do ?

Thanx a LOT to all of you ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. So what does that button button that has a icon of a Car with skid marks do ?
    That's the line locker button for burnout competitions locks the front brakes only so that you can do a better burnout.
    Looks nice oh by the way i was joking.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 97_gq_lwb For This Useful Post:

Ben-e-boy (27th July 2012), MudRunnerTD (26th July 2012)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, i have the same but a Silver.

1) Skids are just for that, turn it on, no skids, turn off, Lots of skids. It's the active stability button.
    2) 4up(hi) on the sand and gravel, 4lo on mud and rocks. remember the car does not run a centre diff thus DO NOT run the car in 4hi on a tarmac road.
    3) If towing replace every 5K if not towing, 10k is fine, i am not sure in terms of oil but don't use a synthetic oil till at least 10K to allow for proper brake in of the engine.
    4) Yes, LOL, this will prevent then when unlocking when reversing and so forth
    5) There is a switch under the heater control panel, SUB TANK, taken 15 minutes or more to transfer if full.
    6) when you find the answer let me know, i'm in teh same boat
    7) In the words of Jeremy Clarkson................. POOOWWWEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Automatic gearboxes have a power mode to hold teh gear for longer when in sand and teh like

Other then that, GO AND have fun...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WogsRus For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th July 2012), Ronin (26th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations mate. Well done and i hope you enjoy it like we all do.

1. So what does that button that has a icon of a Car with skid marks do ?
    Traction Control i think, Rear Locker?

2. 4up or 4low , when to use them.
    4high for flat tracks and when the engine is not labouring. 4low when in Steep country or when in soft sand and need a little more power. It will feel like your gear box is cut in half and you have half gears giving you great torque.

3. Best oil to change to every 5000 km ? I saw a thread but its got too many recommendations for various models.
    I use Castrol GTX and buy it from Supercheap when they have their 20% off sales by the 20lt drum

4. the sales guy told me to turn the lock on the front two wheels when I go 4wding on the beach. Should I ?
    Your car has Auto hubs that will take the guess work out but if your going to be in 4wd for an extended period then Lock them in for sure. The nut is the same size as a Wheel nut and your Wheel Brace will work fine

5. how to move fuel from the main tank to the second tank ?
    The GU has its main tank in the rear and a Belly tank or Sub Tank under the Driver. It is a holding tank only and you have a switch under the radio in front of the gear stick that is marked "Sub Tank". This is a Transfer pump only and is one direction. It transfers the fuel from your sub tank to your main tank and holds 30lts. The Transfer pump has an Auto Shut off and will pump to empty or you can turn it off at any stage (Takes quite a while to pump t over though)

6. I researched the radio, thinking of getting the Icom 440n, but where the hell do I mount it ???
    I have an Icom 440 with the controller in the handset. The unit is under the drivers seat and the hand set floats in my centre and stores under the seat when not out bush.

7. There is another button with Power written on it, what does that do ?
    Assuming you have an Auto it will hold your gear box either Out of top Overdrive or extend the Torque converter in each gear and you will get higher revs between changes for towing.

I am happy to stand corrected on any of that though as i dont have an Auto model and the Traction Control/Diff lock is only in the GU8

Enjoy
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Ronin (26th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is as purtey as.

I wouldnt want to be with you when you introduce your pride and joy to Mr Lantana!!

Just hate watching adults cry.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are a bloody helpful lot arn't we
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, good choice - exactly the same as mine (including colour)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should have made that clear before ...I got the Auto. and thanx everyone for ur responses.

1. So that Active Stability/Skid control, do I leave it on the whole time or only when it rains etc.

7. Since I am not towing anything most of the time do I leave the Power button off or enjoy the extra power boost ?

Also whats the best way to break in the new engine ?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,440 Times in 6,264 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd leave it on all the time. Turn it off when you go fourbying though. Same thing with power button, leave it off most of the time but if you want it to rev out further for whatever reason, turn it on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7. The power button also speeds up gear changes, along with the other mentioned things it does, it is ideal for hill climbs. Not necessary though, have a play. If it's the same as mine, the standard 'auto' position of the switch is better for economy, however when you put the foot down, it 'automatically' switches to power mode, when you back off it goes back to economy mode.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast